New Guide regulations

yo mama

Just wondering if anyone has heard anymore information about the MED A3 course being maditory for all saltwater guides on the coast this summer? The source I have talked to said it was. Anyone else care to share the knowledge on the topic?

Depends what kind of mood Boris is in:D? One day its the med 3 the next it's the MED A2 for small commercial passenger vessels under not over 5 tons and 12 passengers. I did the MED A1 and A2 recently to avoid having to upgrade. Also manditory is the ROC for the DSC VHF. It is 4 days and also covers GPIRBS and SARTS. Get er Done, prices are only going up from when i did mine two years ago[xx(]!

This null and Void insurance thing if operators are not TC inspected and Certified is not so cool if a client decides to take legal action for bumping ther Knee. Grey Area?

Mama, got to get ya out for a Hali hunt!

I believe you'll find the DSC version of the ROC is NOT yet mandatory. The MED A3 and VHF ROC are. At least according to my annual inspection for this year.

Isn't it fun how much confusion they have managed to create for us all....NOT. At least they extended the allowance of the mustang inflatible life jackets for two years pending approval of the new jackets styles. I was not looking forward to having to drop $2K on new lifejackets I would never use this year. Never mind finding the space to store them on the boat....

Back