New boat! And newish member

Themip33

Hey all, I believe this is my first post…I’ve lurked for awhile…I just upgraded from my 14 foot tinner to a 20’ legend Xtreme. 2006 model with less than 600 hours on the 4 stroke Merc 115. 8hp Johnson for a kicker. I’ll e upgrading to a new kicker very soon. Boat will be used for salmon, lings and hali out of Rupert. Good day y’all
T

Attachments

• 65E12A3B-6395-4734-953F-646C22B8D2CF.jpeg
    65E12A3B-6395-4734-953F-646C22B8D2CF.jpeg
    571.3 KB · Views: 167
  • A3A897CA-A2BD-4B8F-BDFC-519BE4D926E1.jpeg
    A3A897CA-A2BD-4B8F-BDFC-519BE4D926E1.jpeg
    527.1 KB · Views: 163
Welcome aboard, I spent many a summer around Rupert in my commercial days. No offense, but can't say I miss it

Hey all, I believe this is my first post…I’ve lurked for awhile…I just upgraded from my 14 foot tinner to a 20’ legend Xtreme. 2006 model with less than 600 hours on the 4 stroke Merc 115. 8hp Johnson for a kicker. I’ll e upgrading to a new kicker very soon. Boat will be used for salmon, lings and hali out of Rupert. Good day y’all
T
Welcome!

Welcome to the site.

Look forward to seeing and hearing about your adventures from up that way.

T
Looks like Rushbrooke. Rupert is beautiful when the sun comes out. I lived there for 12 years, got better when Capt Ed buggered off. ;-)

T
I fish Rupert all summer run the gladiator
Feel free to message me for reports or pop by and say hi

Looks like Rushbrooke. Rupert is beautiful when the sun comes out. I lived there for 12 years, got better when Capt Ed buggered off. ;-)
I think I might have a distance memory of one of those sunny days.lol . Rupert did have its good days and times , also the entertainment on main Street at 2 in morning when Boogies and the Rupert Hotel let out was always a good show

Nice boat and great place to fish and live without big city headaches! We are trying to get mechanics for the port up there, got a few but need more.

Loved having an 18 foot aluminum. 20 is a step up. Any suspension in the captain and passenger seats? Worthwhile upgrade.

looking forward to some reports. We’ll be coming to visit in 2023 likely through the inside passage.

Nice boat and great place to fish and live without big city headaches! We are trying to get mechanics for the port up there, got a few but need more.

Loved having an 18 foot aluminum. 20 is a step up. Any suspension in the captain and passenger seats? Worthwhile upgrade.

looking forward to some reports. We’ll be coming to visit in 2023 likely through the inside passage.
I was looking at real estate on the MLS, up there, out of curiosity. I was surprised to see that the houses were pretty expensive. I guess there’s only so much built supply? I’m guessing the port is a main economic driver and longshoreman need a place to live and have the money to pay those prices?

I was looking at real estate on the MLS, up there, out of curiosity. I was surprised to see that the houses were pretty expensive. I guess there’s only so much built supply? I’m guessing the port is a main economic driver and longshoreman need a place to live and have the money to pay those prices?
Yeah, we have a contractor client and he has to pay through the nose for wages and materials, and developed land doesn’t come cheap. Lng, fishing, port, gov jobs all have median incomes well above what we see in Vancouver.

Yeah we are making the best of our time in Rupert, this town is currently booming with industry and we need skilled labour and tradesman…houses have become very expensive the last 2 years…but if you have some experience and a trade ticket you can make a lot of money up here. No suspension seats unfortunately…I’ve yet to have the boat out in lumpy weather. Right on send me a message when your up here!

Back