New Boat.....again. haha

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
After toasting the OMC(should be called POS) leg on our first boat during the summer, and not wanting to pay a fortune to get it rebuilt, we got another boat. And by we, i mean my dad haha. He footed the bill but doesnt have the space for it so i get to keep it here. Which isnt a bad trade off really. I have lots of room and now the use of "the boat". I call it "the boat" because we havent come up with a good name for it yet. Anyway, its a 89/90 Malibu 175. Its got a 135hp Merc Black Max for power. Going to strap on the little 6hp Evinrude kicker. Now i can finally install the Lowrance HDS5x i bought off a forum member during the summer. Running dual Canon mag 10s for riggers. I know Malibu made a 175 Tyee and when he told me he bought a Malibu 175, i thought he was talking about the Tyee. But he wasent. This one is a bowrider. He said he wanted something that he could take the grand kids out on as well. Better then nothing though! It has a full stand up canvas for fishing the winter months around here. Overall, the boat is in great shape. Just have to change out the scotty downrigger plates with our canons and we are good to go! Im going to be fishign a lot over the winter in the big lakes around kelowna and ill start a thread in the freshwater section letting you all know how the fishing is going. Also, i just picked up a new Hi-def video cam so ill be taking lots of footage out on the water. Just have to fill a moose leh on november 1st then i can turn to fishing! This is the only pic i have for now. Ill load some other ones once the boat is in the water.

malibu175.jpg

Nice little boat Fisher-dude. I bought a 182 in 03. Definitely a bigger boat than the 175 but they are well built local boats. I know mine served me well for five years without any issues and it took all they water I threw at it. Have fun with it!

Back