New 2015 Yamaha T9.9 price

Lew

Just want to install a T9.9 kicker to my boat, with electric control and such, able to steer with the main engine.
Any one knows roughly the reasonable price and labor costs in total?
Maybe some recommendations on dealerships? I live on the island, could go to Duncan/Victoria/Nanaimo
Thanks!

Just want to install a T9.9 kicker to my boat, with electric control and such, able to steer with the main engine.
Any one knows roughly the reasonable price and labor costs in total?
Maybe some recommendations on dealerships? I live on the island, could go to Duncan/Victoria/Nanaimo
Thanks!

Have you considered a 9.9 Mercury electric
you will not be sorry!!

Was just looking into these myself. $4200 for the whole package plus tax. Install would be extra.

Have you considered the suzukis? They now have a fuel injected option and are cheaper with a better warranty. Friend of mine has a 2015 and loves it. I have an 08 with lots of hours and no issues at all other than the general maintenance.

I priced it when I bought my new to me boat this year at Sherwood,very close to "Matty 4x4"s price.I ended up finding a low hour 8 HP. with the tilt,remote controls etc. for $2000 on used Victoria.The last kicker I bought was a 9.9 Yamaha new from Sherwood in 2007 and I never had a minutes trouble with that motor,still on my old boat.That motor cost me $4200 in 2007.

A friend just bought a new thunderjet, the kicker Yamaha kicker option was $5000 installed including controls.

Thank you guys for the info.
I didn't like to deal with sherwood's people, they sold me the 2015 model boat but installed a 2013 model motor on it. The boat was my first one so I didn't know a lot about these stuffs. The sherwood people didn't give me the $1,000 in-store credit, neither the $1,500 rebate as printed on their price tag. When I asked them they just said they already gave me a "good discount". Man! seriously, for a more than 65k boat, a $1,000 discount would be like nothing. For the total amount I paid, I was expecting new models for both hull and engine, but I realized that they put on an old model for me after I went to the water quite few times.
I've never had such kind of bad experience when buying things before.
Anyway, really don't want to deal with them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a Suzuki 20. Fuel injected and only 9 pounds more than the 9.9. I had a 9.9 HT...no where near the push we used to get from the old ones before Yami screwed up and went with the small block 6 hp engine amped up to a 9.9.

Get a Suzuki 20. Fuel injected and only 9 pounds more than the 9.9. I had a 9.9 HT...no where near the push we used to get from the old ones before Yami screwed up and went with the small block 6 hp engine amped up to a 9.9.

Price ? ...............

I have a 2013 Yamaha 9.9 HT on my boat which is about 8000 pounds. No problem with power even in wind or waves . Works fantastic.
I will say I have heard a few Suzuki kickers in the fleet when fishing and they seem very noisy and tinny. I could hear them very far away. (calm day) Yamaha and Honda's are much quieter. JMO

I have a 2013 Yamaha 9.9 HT on my boat which is about 8000 pounds. No problem with power even in wind or waves . Works fantastic.
I will say I have heard a few Suzuki kickers in the fleet when fishing and they seem very noisy and tinny. I could hear them very far away. (calm day) Yamaha and Honda's are much quieter. JMO

Mine is pretty quiet and the new fi model you'll barely even notice its running might have been older high hour motors?

It looked very new but I do not know what model it was. It just really stood out noise wise. If yours is quiet then maybe it was an older model.

Kickers are the most expensive motors on the water in 'per horsepower' terms. $5K now, yowza!

Friend of mine bought one last year and priced around. Think he said monty's was the cheapest. Guys at Parksville boathouse always seem to want to help so I'd give them a shot

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Two weeks ago I picked up a long shaft Mercury 9.9 with power tilt for $3199 plus tax from Alpine here in Victoria? With the four blade prop it comes with it runs at low rpm and is very quiet

The Suzie 9.9's are tinny, the 20's are not. Just dropped one onto my Grady 265, which is probably about 3,000 pounds heavier than your boat. Amazing difference over the crappy Yami 9.9 I just took off...plus I wont have to mess around with fixing the carb every season on that old yami. The yami was just OK, nothing to write home about. Price, $3,656.00. Full power tilt with remote start. If you go with the extension kit it is another $300.

I also just put on a 20hp Suzie on my 22' hewes (h/t;ex/t) ,with the trim/tilt and remote start. The cost was $3400 in Nanaimo. With the wind ,it has lots of power to push you around.

Back