Nautical chart of campbell river

John Ingram

Anyone know where I can find a free nautical chart of the campbell river area and in particular the tyee spit.
I'm looking for the water depth off of the beach.

Any and all help appreciated

Thanks

John i.

The last time I was in Campbell River I was 20 years old.... don't get up island very often.
While I was there I fished a bit off of the fishing dock. Never did catch anything but promised
myself that I would get up that way again and try some fishing in the tyee pool, not from a boat
but spinning from the shoreline. After looking at the Nautical charts of the area I would think that
at certain tides it would deep enough and be a great spot to try spinning from shore.
Anyone here ever fished from the beach on the Tyee Spit ??? What is the best time of year to try
for and is the whole of the area Single Barbless hooks.

My grandkids have caught pinks at the very end of the Spit in mid to late July - do it Mid to late flood tide.

Very rare for anyone to catch anything from the shore along the Tyee Pool, although it has been done.
The Chinook holding there aren't feeding nor inclined to chase much as they are resting before going up the river to spawn.
There is the odd fish still feeding and passing by that a guy might hook from shore, but really low odds.

As CR Bill noted, Pinks can be caught from the end of the Spit now and then. All in the timing.

There is a fly fishing float tuber who catches the odd Chinook casting in the Pool, but he's outside where any spinning outfit could reach mostly.

If you're here during mid August or so look me up via the Tyee club or watch for my annual thread and I'd be happy to take you out for a tour around the Pool.
We could even drag a plug behind us.

Take care.

Very rare for anyone to catch anything from the shore along the Tyee Pool, although it has been done.
The Chinook holding there aren't feeding nor inclined to chase much as they are resting before going up the river to spawn.
There is the odd fish still feeding and passing by that a guy might hook from shore, but really low odds.

As CR Bill noted, Pinks can be caught from the end of the Spit now and then. All in the timing.

There is a fly fishing float tuber who catches the odd Chinook casting in the Pool, but he's outside where any spinning outfit could reach mostly.

If you're here during mid August or so look me up via the Tyee club or watch for my annual thread and I'd be happy to take you out for a tour around the Pool.
We could even drag a plug behind us.

Take care.
Afternoon Dave,
thanks for the reply to my posting. Most of my salmon fishing has been from the shore here in Victoria and I have caught salmon
from most of the fishing locations here. I do have the ability to do a long cast and would be able to get into the deeper water
at the tyee pool from shore. I would at least like to give it a try just once in my lifetime.
Not to much of a fly fisher and don't have a float tube. I would think it would be quite a fight getting a tyee on the fly though.
I always read your annual reports and stories and would like to have the opportunity to meet you and get a bit of time in the pool

Thanks again for your reply,

p.s. I'll look you up in August and if you see an older guy, green tilly hat spinning from the shore, that will be me :cool:

Back