Mounting scotty rod holders on Jon boat

jeffywestcoast

Looking to mount some scotty rod holders on my Jon boat, just wondering what is the best way to do it, was thinking one fixed mount on the back corner for my flyrod and then maybe two clamp on mounts for the sides. just wondering what some of you have done to your jon boats or aluminum boats for this application, not really wanting to drill to many holes in my new jon boat if i can help it and the clamp on mounts are removable and moveable for fishing solo or with someone i would be able to reposition them. So far i know i want the scotty 265 flyrod holder but cant decide if it is better to get the flush mount or the fixed mount for mounting in the corners at the back, If anyone can tell me what would be the best for mounting to the thin aluminum corners of the back of the jon boat im all ears, as i dont want to take away from the strenght of the transom.:p005.jpg

With your understandable reluctance to drill holes in your boat, I would just get one clamp on mount and try it in different locations before deciding where to permanently mount a rod holder.

i was reluctant to to drill but , after shopping around for scotty mounts i decided to go with a couple scotty fixed mounts, mounted them with stainless 10/24 x 1.5 inch , with stainless flat washers and nylock nuts underneath. I going to add a clamp on mount also for a second angler.IMG_3079[1].jpg

Back