Mounting Chartplotter Up High in Malibu Hardtop

SpringVelocity

Crew Member
I just got a new Simrad chart plotter touch screen, and I am just wondering if anyone with this boat or a double eagle hardtop has mounted there chart plotter up high instead of on dash..On my hardtop there looks like there is a wood panel just wide enough to mount bracket..I could lag screws in it but the new plotter is a little heavier.. Scares me a little..Just wondering what guys have done..Steely Dan didn't you mount one up high in your double eagle?

One of the reasons I would like to do this as I am getting a lot of glare from electronics especially in dark when we leave early..Even if I change to night mode I still get a fair bit of glare..Figured mounting up high would cut that back a bit...

that's how i have mine jarrod only thing you may want to consider can you see it standing in the back of boat??? t

that's how i have mine jarrod only thing you may want to consider can you see it standing in the back of boat??? t

I am going check that today something I didn't think of...I know on yours its a very high roof so it makes sense...

Back