mounting a tower on hewescraft sportsman

Goblin

Hello again, this kind of ties into my DIY tower build thread. I successfully bent my two pieces of aluminum this morning for my tower. I am going to put my swivel mounts on my boat first and them assemble and tack the frame of my arch before final welding. Looking for any help from aluminum boat owners that have mounted their own arches. Did you mark mount locations then remove flotation foam from that section while being very careful for wiring and such. I do plan on pulling my kids in a tube so I'll be putting a backing piece on the underside and bolting it down. Any tips a pointers on installing the mounts would be awesome.

There are a couple of excellent threads on the Hewescraft boat owners forum that will explain the process on a Hewescraft. Search mounting a tower.
Good luck
Jack

I’ll check it out, thanks. I did email Hewes and they where trying to get me to weld plates like the down rigger mounts on top of the gunnels. I definitely don’t want to go that route. I’ve seen a lot of pictures of boats like mine with the tower mounted the way I’m wanting to do it. Just want to make sure it’s done properly.

Back