Moose Marinade

IronNoggin

Had some FUN earlier this fall:

Heads_3.jpg

And having already munched on a roast, some chops, ribs & burger, I can say this year's young bull is one of the Finest I have ever eaten! Tender and a right fine flavor!
bowdown[1].gif

I usually don't marinade moose steaks, especially with one already so good. But, in the interest of trying something a little "different", I decided to try that out for an impending Gathering...

Simply using what I had on hand, here's what I came up with. Note this is for TEN steaks, so you will have to adjust accordingly for smaller lots...

Marinade Ingredients:

Just a tad better then 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
2 Tblsp High End Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tblsp Dry Mustard
1.5 Tblsp Onion Powder
2 Tblsp Garlic Plus Spice
1 Tblsp Marjoram
1 Tblsp Lemon Juice
1.5 Tblsp Montreal Steak Spice
2 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped

Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Nuke for 1.5 minutes to mix flavors, then paint onto steaks. Makes a fairly thick paste type marinade, so work it well to ensure coverage.

Here's what the steaks looked like before hitting the fridge overnight:

Moose_Marinade.jpg

Smells INCREDIBLE!!
Will take another picture or two once they are done, and letcha know if this recipe managed to knock any of the Consumers off...
lmao.gif

Cheers,
Nog

To add Nog put in a couple springs of chopped up rosemary and a bit of red wine as well basically you have what I do but im not the fan of vinegar so added the wine instead same acidic results good luck
Wolf

Thanks Wolf! I will likely try that next time around...

The steaks were a HIT & a Half! Even though I made a little too much, there wasn't a single scrap to be found once the chewing was wrapped up! DELICIOUS!!

moose_steaks.jpg

Great Crew & Superb Grits! Doesn't get ANY Better!!

Group_Fix_1.jpg

Cheers!
Nog

You dragged Gil off the beach!?! How is Carole doing?

Some good looking steaks there bud;)

Nog
Awsome recipe. Plannen a repeat with this years, yearling.

Back