Mooching Rods and reels for sale, nothing fancy, used one season

image.jpg
image.jpg

upgraded for this season,

Shimano 4000GT with shimano talora 9 foot 2 piece rod spooled with 30lb test, used one season, works fine $80

Shimano 4000GT with shimano tdr 9 foot 2 piece rod spooled 30lb test, used one season, works fine $80

Shimano 2000GT spooled with 30lb test

Rods and reels retail $129 each plus $20 for line
Shimano 2000GT retails $99 plus $20 for line.

Can be reached at 250-713-0923. Items are located in Nanaimo, will not ship or use paypal. All items still available as of 2014-04-12 at 11am.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will take both the two rods and current model GT4000 combinations. Not going to dicker on the price which is fair, but with a few provisos which I doubt should be issues from what I see.

Since you have not provided details on the rods, I especially need them to be two piece mooching/rigger rods in the range of from 9 to 11 feet and in good shape as in no significant damage such as a lot of foam handle damage or damaged eyes, broken short repaired rod tips etc. Some combos with at least one of these rod types were sometimes sold with an 8 foot trolling rod which I have no interest in, however you did call them mooching rods so should be a non issue. As for the reels, they are almost as indestructible as the older 4000’s with one exception, if you drop them it is possible to dent or rough up the new stainless palming ring significantly which kind of defeats the purpose so I am confirming there is no significant issues with that or other serious damage, missing parts etc.

It will be cash on personal delivery or pic up as I also don’t like shipping and Paypal for used fishing gear. To many headaches with internet sales for both parties in my opinion.

If you will be coming to Victoria in the near future bring them and I will have $160 cash for you. I will also be coming past Nanaimo on May 9th or 10th on the way to the Ducks Unlimited dinner in CR on May 10th. I also have a fishing buddy in the Qualicum area and there is a good chance he may be able to set something up with you sooner to pick them up or you drop them off or meet somewhere. In short, provided they are good for my needs as outlined and in generally good shape, I am not expecting new condition, you have a deal.

Let me know and send me a private message with your phone number and we can discuss it and set something up for a cash exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rods are 2 piece and 9 feet long, no damage to foam handles at all.

Just gave my buddy a call and sent you a private message with his phone number. He would be happy to arrange the transfer and cash payment with you asap so give him a call.

Back