Moderation

totally tyee

This topic comes up every year at this time of year. Just so everyone is clear topics discussing small streams and rivers will be deleted. These systems are struggling to survive and don't need the extra pressure of anglers reading information on this site. This has been the way of this board for many years and is supported by the majority of members. If you don't like it then find another board.

On another note, the SPAM has been increasing ten-fold. With MyEscape out of town I'm doing my best to get it all as soon as I can. Again we ask that you don't reply to any of it.

TT

I whole heartily agree - the small streams are best left to people willing to take a chance and do a little recon work.

As for the spam, you can reduce it to nearly zero if you change it so new users need to be approved by moderators before they are allowed to post. Since its all generated by scripts even if you do approve them, they only try once.

I feel your reasons for doing this. And in some ways it is a good thing. Keep doing a great job at providing a good forum! Thanks for all your guys extra work you do!:D

Thanks for the info. I realize why you do it, I dont entirely aggree, but i guess "better safe than sorry". The only thing i was mad about was not being told why my post was deleted. Had I read something that said "dont post about small streams" i wouldnt of done it. Maybe an email to a offender would be nice when you delete it:)

what about guys the write about these small rivers and creeks in magazines!they should all be shot , think about that one . you know who you are . scottyboy

well not to beat a dead horse, but ya i totally agree with the deletion of a post namein a small stream,but in the end this is a site about fishin and if somebody wants to post somthing then they should and i can assure you that the great people of the site will decide if they want to give input or totally shut them down,but again we should keep namein rivers or lakes or what ever to a min, not that the people of this sit can not give great info to those who ask,just dont ask to much

I also agree about not ever writing about small streams and I have never done so. I learned to steelhead fish on small streams and would never betray their secrets or locations. It would be like kissing and telling.

was some one posting about small streams??

i have never seen any threads about them?? who cares

but there has been alot of spam. just click newest members name.... "please welcome our newest member _______ " 9 out of 10 when you click on their name you see 3 web pages all the same nothing to do with SFBC.

Since when is the ***** River a "secret small stream"?! In September and October there are 200 people salmon fishing the lower river. With all due respect to the moderators of this forum, I would love to see some of the Stamp and Cowichan anglers diversifying to rivers like the ****** or the ***** or the Nanaimo which by the way are all about the same size. Is it better to have everybody on the Island pounding the same rivers? Is the Cowichan not the most fragile system there is? Lastly, again with respect to the moderators, don't you think that deleting the ***** thread sends the message to readers that there is actually a reason to fish this barren wasteland of a river??

Not to be misunderstood, I do believe in protecting fragile systems but lets use some discretion!

Cheers

Blackleech,

These smaller systems are protected for a reason. The low numbers of returning fish.

If people on this board want to go fish a small stream, then go check it out yourself, find out for yourself, and keep your mouths shut about it. I encourage it.

However talking about small streams on this board will not be tolerated. This has been the way since this boards conception and is supported by the majority of memebers. If people don't like it then find a board that allows it.

If you want to try a small river or stream, by all means, GO FISHING

TT

hahaah this is great!! your not to talk about you fishing in a small stream! hahaha

One of the greatest things about being an angler on VI is exploring the backroads for new spots. When I took up flyfishing 10 years ago, I spent 2 summers in a 4x4 looking for good spots. One of the best streams for rainbow trout on a fly rod exists near many of your homes...and I am happy to fish it in complete isolation. I agree with keeping small systems off this board. If you want to find a new spot, get a backroads map book and start looking!
Thanks to the moderators for their good work:)!

Like all things, good fishing spots and techniques come to those who look hard for 'em and work. Boats outta the water, I may just have to go get a freshy license and drive around between Renfrew and Bamfield looking for a hot pool in a stream, since I'm convinced that there is no such thing as a steelhead LOL! (Tried fishin' for 'em as a Kid on the Cow).

Back