Malibu Tyee 17 ft

AlK

For Sale
17.1 Malibu Tyee, 115hp Merc, s/s prop, three tops (Camper, Slope back & Travel) built in fuel tank & fish locker, horn, wiper, bilge pump, fibreglass liner, walk thru windshield, 2 batteries with perko switch, fish finder with speed & temp, VHF & CB radios, has a pad for mounting the kicker. Comes with a galvanized Shorelandr bunk trailer with 14” wheels.
This boat is in very good condition. Stored inside. The last cylinder compression test was done in November 2010 and it showed 155 for all four cylinders.

Asking $14,000

Price reduced $12,000 (Sept 14/11)

Richmond

Last edited by a moderator:
The Malibu Tyee is a great fishing boat, the reason that it is for sale is that I have two-footitis.

Those Malibu Tyee's must be made by Double Eagle or they took the same design . Virtually identical to the 17 DE

I was told by someone at Capstan Marine in Richmond that he was involved with the design of the Malibu Tyee - if that is true I don't know. I agree that if you take the badging off both boats most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference. One thing that I have noticed is that the transom on the Tyee is about a 1/4" thicker than on the Double Eagle. They are definitely not made by Double Eagle they have always been made by Malibu in the Okanagan.

Yeah they do look similar and if they have similar hull, then they are a good west coast boat. I see a few around.... I just don't know much about them

I seem to recall way back when that Double Eagle sued Mailibu for copying their design. I looked at a Tyee once and it's sure a pretty close twin to the DE.
Dave

Excellent Boat! The hull is made from the double eagle mold. Malibu stopped making these boats due to ecomomic downfall over the past couple of years. They are possibly going to start building them again next year. I have used my Tyee on the west coast and in some nasty weather and got home safe! Great fishing machine as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Boat and motor are both 95's. Saw it on the other site.
Dave

Back