Lost VHF Handheld Radio-Sooke Public Launch

SpringVelocity

Crew Member
My radio is missing its a standard horizon hx851.

http://www.standardhorizon.com/inde...FF5498D5C3153D6E29B&DivisionID=3&isArchived=0

I would like it back. It is more than likely been stolen as when I got back to my boat it was missing since I was parked high up on road that day. That's when I noticed it gone. It would have been on Sunday Aug 23rd...

I have serial number and will be letting some people know at some of the tackle stores if anyone tries to purchase charger for it... Hoping someone may have turned it in to launch guys...

This has personal MMSI number loaded into it and cant be reprogrammed...

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks SV.Was looking into the same model for my boat for the DSC function.Hope the $hithead who took it
realizes it's of little use to anyone but the guy who it's registered to and returns it somehow.It's getting to the point
a guy cant even turn his back on his stuff for a second anymore.Sorry this happened to ya.I hate frikkin' thieves!!

That sucks SV.Was looking into the same model for my boat for the DSC function.Hope the $hithead who took it
realizes it's of little use to anyone but the guy who it's registered to and returns it somehow.It's getting to the point
a guy cant even turn his back on his stuff for a second anymore.Sorry this happened to ya.I hate frikkin' thieves!!

It sucks but it was my mistake for leaving it out in line up of boats. I turned it off and put it back before in holder before I went up the road. The mistake was I took my son with me up the road with my boat alone. We were gone for like 10 minutes to get trailer. My son actually pointed it out when we got back to boat as its always in holder..I thought maybe it dropped are something on floor. I like to think it was lost but likely was stolen. Just be aware when you leave your stuff out. They aren't cheap radio's so it hurts a little... I will just have to replace if it doesn't show up.

I will be filing it through RCMP with serial in case it shows up somewhere else...

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks SV. You may want to Let Standard Horizon know with your contact info and serial number of the unit as I believe they can reset them so they can be reprogrammed in case you were to sell your boat and no longer want the DSC code tied to it or you. You may also be able to register the serial number and info with the online data base the RCMP has for stolen items of value such as outboard motors. Sounds like that Sooke public ramp area may need video surveillance recorded and streamed live online like the Esq. Anglers ramp. Years ago I had my large tackle box stolen with all my gear out of the unlocked back seat of my car in the couple of minutes it took to buy a coffee at 5;00 am at a 7-11 on the way to the marina.

Last edited:
That sucks SV. You may want to Let Standard Horizon know with your contact info and serial number of the unit as I believe they can reset them so they can be reprogrammed in case you were to sell your boat and no longer want the DSC code tied to it or you. You may also be able to register the serial number and info with the online data base the RCMP has for stolen items of value such as outboard motors. Sounds like that Sooke public ramp area may need video surveillance recorded and streamed live online like the Esq. Anglers ramp. Years ago I had my large tackle box stolen with all my gear out of the unlocked back seat of my car in the couple of minutes it took to buy a coffee at 5;00 am at a 7-11 on the way to the marina.

Yah it did Rick. It never did turn up so it was ripped off. I got a replacement, but I am still shocked it happened. Those radios aren't cheap. A let a few of the local shops know that number in case someone was looking for a charger. That is the problem nowadays so many people are just plain dishonest. I now am cautious to put everything away/lock it up before I leave my boat at that ramp.

Back