Looking for spoons

likesfishn

I am looking for a supplier of salmon trolling spoons . The first is no longer made by Luhr Jensen in the size I want, a Tom Mack size#3 (2 1/2")Long 50/50 brass and chrome. The second spoon was featured in an episode of West Coast Sporting Journal where they were fishing for chinooks with no 6 coyote spoons without a flasher The finish on the spoon was silver holographic finish over a silver spoon. The luhr jensen catogue doesn't show this finish and every tackle shop I've been to has been unable to locate it for me. Any help would be appreicated

Still around if you know wheRe to look young grasshopper ;)

I see that Gibbs is making a Tom Mac clone calling it the Dazzler-no info on how big it is but I doubt it's the small one you want. http://www.gibbsdelta.com/dazzler

Those #3 Tom Macs were never all that common I agree that a commercial place with lots of old stock would be the place to look.
0713-FFBCR-50-50-Brass-Chrome.jpg

That colour of Coyote was a special order -actually many of what we think of as standard BC colours were special orders booked months in advance-Good Luck finding one now that they've moved their production offshore.

Nikka has some old stock spoons in boxes in the back corner which you can buy by the piece. Some are 50 cents.

I actually thought I had a #3 Tom Mac in the Trout gear but it's a Wonder Spoon-close but no horseshoe.

Thanks for the info on spoons

I see that Gibbs is making a Tom Mac clone calling it the Dazzler-no info on how big it is but I doubt it's the small one you want. http://www.gibbsdelta.com/dazzler

Those #3 Tom Macs were never all that common I agree that a commercial place with lots of old stock would be the place to look.
View attachment 5296

That colour of Coyote was a special order -actually many of what we think of as standard BC colours were special orders booked months in advance-Good Luck finding one now that they've moved their production offshore.

The size for the Tom Mack was the key i tryed no5 which are still available but they were never as sucessfull as the #3 If the dazzlers come in size 3 they may be a good substitue but i think they only come in #4 #5. Looks like i will have to find the right holograph tape and make my own coyote spoons.
Thanks for your info
likesfishn

The #3 Tom Mack out produced the #4 Or #5 year after year.I have looked at the dazzer but can,t find its actual length . As for the holograph finish coyote spoon i think your right about it being a special order Thanks for everybodies response
Likes fishn

Nikka has some old stock spoons in boxes in the back corner which you can buy by the piece. Some are 50 cents.

Nikka is out. Was there myself.

Back