Looking for new reels

I use both[trophy and north coast].I sent the north coast back for repairs because of line creep.With that reel the clicker is louder than the Trophy and can be irritating with that loud CLICK.............CLICK...........CLICK in the rodholder trolling[xx(]It drove me nuts!

I haven't had any line creep with the North Coast, I do have it with one of my islanders, and I've gotten dangerous. I jam the reel up against the holder facing forward on the port side, this way IF the fish pulls hard enough from the bite to pull line the reel flips in the rod holder facing to the stern and lets the line out. One of these days though I'll get a whopper and it won't go as planned. :(

0 or nil line creep on my Trophies & no clicker noise for those pesky seels to key on muse. Sammy

Zippo as far as line creep that I have experienced on my Trophy QR....and that is with fishing quite deep as well off the WCVI.

If you are going with a Trophy, I would say get the QR 4.5...the larger arbor is really quite nice especially when you are fishing deep.

As has been said...the Trophy's drag is a bit sensitive but it really didn't take me more than a few times of letting the line out to get used to it. The thing I did like about it as well is that if you have some "newbs" using the reel, it's pretty darn difficult for them to get a nest in the reel. ;) My girlfriend has a bit of a knack for doing it on my old Shimano's but not once in a week of fishing with her this year. [8D]

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

Back