Looking for a welder

The one in Victoria didn't work out, so I pulled the trigger on this today. It should do everything I need to do.
Thanks for all the advice everyone.

PowerMTS 251Si - OVERSTOCK SALE​

warranty1.png

251si.png

Download Manual
In stock
Special Price CA$1,925.00 Regular Price CA$2,225.00
Multi Process: MIG/TIG/Stick
Qty

Skip to the end of the images gallery

Skip to the beginning of the images gallery

Details

The compact PowerMTS 251Si is one of the fourth generation of digitally controlled multi-process inverter welders from Everlast. Taking our customers' feedback into consideration from previous models, the all new PowerMTS 251SI is designed to be as versatile as ever with not only standard DC MIG, TIG and Stick welding capability but also with Synergic MIG, Pulse MIG, and Pulse TIG welding modes. This welder is a leader in the compact multi-process welder class as both pulse MIG and pulse TIG features are not available from any other manufacturer. Additionally, the PowerMTS 251Si offers one more distinctive feature: it allows to the operator to choose from a touchless, high frequency start or a lift start in TIG mode. The stick mode offers more adjustability than ever with the addition of hot start intensity and hot start duration controls.
There are no complicated menus to navigate, no touch screens to press and no complicated hidden features which are difficult to access. All controls, including burn back are now located on the panel face right where you can get to them and are grouped according to function, with an easy to understand format. All connections are right on the front of the panel. This includes the connection for the TIG torch which includes the gas connection with a gas solenoid control over pre and post flow. Everlast was one of the first to offer a compact fully featured inverter MTS unit in the North American market.
As you've come to expect from Everlast, the PowerMTS 251Si arrives almost ready to weld. It comes with not only the MIG and Stick torch, cables, and regulator it also comes with the TIG package which includes a torch, foot pedal and starter kit of consumables (tungsten not included)...something that costs extra in units offered from the competition. You'll only need to supply the shielding gas, tungsten, and the welding wire/filler metal/welding rods to be up and running. As well, this unit is now water cooler compatible (2019 04 24).
Dc only, I think you need ac for tig welding aluminum, I am no expert but AC for aluminum was what I was told by welders

But I would be able to mig Aluminum is tig so much better? I don't see myself welding that much aluminum.

But I would be able to mig Aluminum is tig so much better? I don't see myself welding that much aluminum.
I had the miller 211 with the better spool gun and got some pretty sweet welds on 3/8 aluminum. Wouldn't want to do it all day, or even all hour. But good enough for a non production shop. I wish I could have kept all my gear :(

Back