Logs in the water off Victoria

TenMile

No, not the kind by the sewage outflow....[:p][xx(]

I can't believe all the crap in the water off Victoria and Oak Bay. It's like playing dodge-em bumper boats out there right now. I guess some very high tides lately, but I've never seen it quite like it is out there right now.

Anyhow boys, keep your eyes on the water and I had a couple of very close calls today of waterlogged deadheads. Ended up gaffing a large 5 gallon plastic bucket floating in all the crap too.

TenMile
<'((((><

The waters between Gabriola Island and Mudge Island had logs in the water like I've never seen before.The water taxi couldn't help but hit a few.
Dave

Yeah, Crofton, Sansum Narrows, Cowichan Bay, they were like minefields last week. Must be a combo of high tides and stuff coming out of the rivers from that last flood. We need a good high wind to put it all back up on the beach. Then we can burn it all and drink beer while we wait for our crab and prawn traps.[:p];)[:eek:)]

Cheers All,

Live down overlooking Dodd's Narrows (Mudge/Ruxton/Gabriola) and this is the most debris in the water in 20 years. I could have gone island to island simply walking on 'sticks'.

Brutal on both the boat and the engine...oh...not to mention the nerves!

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff
www.fishingvancouverisland.org

My brother broke his board on some while surfing Sombrio last week.
The crap is all over the place!

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

We should start sending our repair bills from tagging logs to the Provincial Government. Maybe they might start getting the logging biz to clean up their act and start paying salvage guys properly.

I thought about doing some log salvage a while back and I calculated that you would need to salvage 800+ logs of reasonable quality , tow them over to Vancouver to GROSS $4000.00 bucks before costs.

No wonder we have so much crap in the water.

Back