Local seafood retailer buying/selling illegally caught/purchased crab and prawns

The public are buying illegal crab and halibut in the Victoria/Sooke area as well. Kind of understand it when locals can't afford the retail prices but it makes me fearious that I hear someone is even selling female crabs. I don't think this is a big an issue as the over-harvesting by the non-quota commercial fleet but both need to be dealt with,

The public are buying illegal crab and halibut in the Victoria/Sooke area as well. Kind of understand it when locals can't afford the retail prices but it makes me fearious that I hear someone is even selling female crabs. I don't think this is a big an issue as the over-harvesting by the non-quota commercial fleet but both need to be dealt with,
Wow that's disturbing...call it in please

Yes wow call it in man every bit of this kind of thing impacts the stocks negatively. Female crabs!? Wow that's blatantly horrible!!

Back