Leftover Salmon Recipes

fish stalker

I bet everyone has a ton of leftover salmon right now! Heres what Im doing with mine :)

Made this one up last night.

Salmon Pot Pie

-Take out of freezer box of premade puff pastry 2 hrs before making. (You can buy at thriftys for 3 bucks) Or make your own pastry.

-Cook pot of potatoes. I like reds or yukons. (I cook extra for making salmon cakes) Inch of water in bottom of pot chop potaots into quaters, cover, cook 20 mins, set aside.

-Saute 1 onion chopped fine.

-Add to onion 2 carrots 1 stalk celery. Cook until almost done 4 mins.

-Add fresh cut green beans and handful of frozen peas. (You could skip last 4 ingredients and use frozen mixed veggies if you rather,better fresh of course)

-Add one or 2 cloves chopped garlic. I added 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning. Could use dill or nothing. I like lots of black pepper and salt to taste.

-Make cream sauce. About 2.c milk to sauce pan heat to almost boiling slowly not letting stick to bottom of pot. Add 1 clove chopped fine garlic, salt, pepper. When hot, add 1/3c cold water to 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch dissolve add to milk stiring constantly.

Place leftover salmon chunks in corningware dish or other deepish oven proof dish. Cut potatoes over that. Add veggies, stir gently. Spoon cream sauce over and mix in. Roll out pastry cover x in middle. Bake at 375 for 20 min or until puffed and brown.

Pulled Salmon Sandwich

Buy good buns. I like Portifino Peasant Buns or any Portifino bun, pretzel is awesome.
Make coleslaw.
Have hot or cold. Mix leftover salmon with favorite BBQ sauce. I like bullseye chicken and rib.
Toast bun, top with salmon, if you dont have in coleslaw, sliced thin onion, coleslaw, enjoy!

Salmon Tacos

Buy small corn or flour tortillas, heat hot and quickly on both side.
Fill with hot or cold salmon plain or seasoned with favorite spices or splash of redhot, squeeze of lime juice.
Top with fresh salsa, guacamole or chopped avocado, sourcream, done!

For the salmon pot pie ,Do you line the dish with pastry or just put a cover of pastry over it ?
I have to try this one for sure thanks

I had a box of puff pastry in the freezer. I had never used that product before. I did just the top, as 'puff' needs room to puff I figured it wouldnt work on the bottom.

A regular pastry type crust you could use top and bottom or just top. It would be rich but it would be good.

If you cant make pastry robin hood makes a mix in a yellow box that isnt bad. The puff stuff isnt as good reheated of course.

Back