kodiak disc brake conversion kit

ComfortZone

Im pretty well sold on the dacrament rotor/caliper kit... stainless is over double the cost, and I am told this coating does very well in the marine environment

so anyone running these have any comments??

also any local (lower mainland) sources with good pricing

got one price for dacrement, complete system for tandem 3500#.. rotors, bearings, calipers, coupler w/ electric reversing lockout, lines...$1500

heard of guys getting them substantially less in the states...I may venture that way if I cant find anything locally

thanks CZ

I just had Burnaby Hitch do a complete replacement of the running gear on my tandem axle EZ Loader trailer. I had them do a Kodiak disc brake conversion with a electric over hydraulic actuator. Axles are 5200 lbs They were not cheap but the service was great and the system works great. Highly recommend them

awesome, thanks busterbrown..I will contact burnaby hitch

I should have mentioned I will be installing myself, The price I gave was parts only

I think you will find ordering online delivery to Pt Bob or Blaine substantially cheaper.

I did the brakes on my trailer couple of years ago, Kodiak SS Calipers, Dacromet coated rotors & mounting brackets, brake pads, galvanized hubs, bearings, ss tubing, rubber hoses, surge coupler with lockout solenoid total cost $1,277. I purchased on-line from 3 different vendors. Did the work my-self, not difficult at all. The brakes work really well. If I forget to plug in the wiring plug and then go to back up, all four wheels on the trailer will lock-up.

I did the brakes on my trailer couple of years ago, Kodiak SS Calipers, Dacromet coated rotors & mounting brackets, brake pads, galvanized hubs, bearings, ss tubing, rubber hoses, surge coupler with lockout solenoid total cost $1,277. I purchased on-line from 3 different vendors. Did the work my-self, not difficult at all. The brakes work really well. If I forget to plug in the wiring plug and then go to back up, all four wheels on the trailer will lock-up.

good to know I have decided to go with kodiak ss calipers and dacromet rotors as well...seems to be a good value, all thru pacific trailers...rotors, calipers, coupler, bearings, seals, hoses all delivered for just over $1100

decided to go with kodiak because parts are more available up here...ufp have to ordered

Last edited by a moderator:
before you commit give pacific spring and axle in Langley a call, they had the best pricing on brake stuff for my last trailer,
my new one needs a little work now and I'll be buying parts from them again

thanks hookin up, I will try them...I do like keeping my money local, or in the country but it seems canadian prices are more then double for the exact same product

edit.. googled them and realised that is the same company (pacific axel) who gave me the first quote $1600 for the Dacramet rotor/caliper kit/coupler... by ordering down south I can get the ss calipers/dac rotors/coupler/bearings and hoses $1100...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say but before I ordered on-line I tried locally and they were nowhere close in price.

That's too bad cause they were very good to deal with,
Gotta look after your own pocket first

Back