Info on welded aluminum hulls at Ritchie Brothers Auction

Drewski Canuck

I keep seeing welded aluminum UNFINISHED HULLS at the Chilliwack Ritchie Brothers Auction site.

Does anybody know who is welding these hulls up? They may be seconds that did not pass Quality control somewhere, or it may be a shop that apparently can never finish a hull???

It appears to be similar all the time so it may be a kit from the US, but I am leary to buy a welded unfinished hull if it is only going to turn into a repair nightmare, besides the obvious work to paint, fit and finish the hull.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Drewski

$5750 each for 3 18' outboard well boats, another way less finished one for $4000 October 2016. Look decent in pictures.

My buddy bought one last year, he and another welder finished it and he is happy with it

That's the point. If you cannot do aluminum welding you are going to PAY DEARLY for any remedial work. If you have to finish it, you really pay for the hull. Paint alone can be $3 K due to primers and paint and your own decals. Then get it certified.

But if it is cheap enough. But 4 - 6 K is NOT cheap enough with 10 % Buyers fee, gst, a trailer, etc.

You have to register on their site to see them however they have good search features. Can't copy pics off their site either.
And 2.5% on sales over$2500 up to max of $950, 10% on sales under $2500

Last edited:
Back