In prep for the new 200 , Helm

I'm planning on getting a new Merc 200HP, I have an existing NMEA2000, is there just one wiring harness to tie the new Merc into my Lowrance HDS8 , or is there several to be set up on the NMEA2000
I currently just have Fuel level and consumption set up on the NMEA2000 at present with my existing 1996 200HP Ocean Pro
I have a 2018 200hp suzuki, it's connected to the nmea 2000 and my hds 9 carbon can pull data and display it on my lowrance. I have the small square digital display that came with the motor. Once it's connected to nmea 2000 network your lowrance should be able to display a bunch of information ( fuel burn, rpm, trim etc. )

I have a 2018 200hp suzuki, it's connected to the nmea 2000 and my hds 9 carbon can pull data and display it on my lowrance. I have the small square digital display that came with the motor. Once it's connected to nmea 2000 network your lowrance should be able to display a bunch of information ( fuel burn, rpm, trim etc. )
Does the digital display u mention show u what your hds 9 is showing u now, or just a modem type of thing.

you can go with one single 4" digital and scroll through all the specific info you want. make split screens on it too to show multiple information.
fuel level, temps etc... might as well get that analog fuel sending unit updated;)

I'm so confused , in a good way though ! :)
Confused or overwhelmed? :)
What Trophywife is suggesting makes a lot of sense, esp if dash space is limited. You can get a 4-5” screen and fit it somewhere on the dash. With that, you’d need to swap the mechanical fuel sender with a digital one. Youths must-have indicators for me are the oil pressure, engine temp and fuel level. You can use half the screen to always display those two and then use the other side to get the nice-to-have ones like rpm, fuel mileage, etc.

Confused or overwhelmed? :)
What Trophywife is suggesting makes a lot of sense, esp if dash space is limited. You can get a 4-5” screen and fit it somewhere on the dash. With that, you’d need to swap the mechanical fuel sender with a digital one. Youths must-have indicators for me are the oil pressure, engine temp and fuel level. You can use half the screen to always display those two and then use the other side to get the nice-to-have ones like rpm, fuel mileage, etc.
i believe there is some kind of modulator? if that is the correct word for it. you can keep the analog sending unit, but it gets wired up to transmit to the digital. that is how mine is done.

It shows a bunch of data on the suzuki gauge, you can scroll through fuel burn, engine hrs, rpm, speed etc. Also The Guage fits in a standard 3" Guage hole.....On the lowrance you can see basically all the same data in a more customizable graphical interface.....I will try to take a photo for you if you want. Here is the gauge that came with my 200a....I don't have the wireless key fob, and my motor is not the fly by wire version ( which I belive you get the wireless fob)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210713-083412_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210713-083412_Chrome.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Thanks !
Going to look it up on the internet, again thanks sudsy , Tight lines !

Hey congrats, no wrong decisions on the power. Are you actually able to get the one you want in a reasonable time frame? I'm being quoted some ridiculous etas...
Thanks, no etsa confirmed but going to put an order in Dec and expect its completion by May shouldnt be a problem, earlier this year ordered in feb but no guarantee until jun so I said forget it (that's Merc, Yami forget it .....plus they're way over priced now IMHO and cant efford 6 grand more ) Have u got one on order ?

Ok, trying to get a better understanding of this.
#1 Will the Merc 200hp have a direct tie into the Simrad or to the nema2000 which you tie the simrad into ?
#2 Once the Merc is tied in via one of the above what gauges will be seen via the simard without any other connections to nema2000
#3 What other connections (fuel level , cant image that comming from the engine or ??) should be tied into the nema2000 so the simrad will pick it up.
Thanks

Back