If you were repowering a Seasport Explorer 2400

Yup mines there. Boat out front and engine in the shop. I think it's the only one there. Gomna see what he has to say tomorrow

=Redfisher;388535]Rebuild. Way cheaper. Your boat and motor are not old by any standards and you take care of it so nothing is clapped out. If that motor has been heated up a few times that is why your heat gasket has let go. Is your boat at All Marine? (I didn't recognize it when I stopped there to .........admire another Sea Sport). The mechanic is a good guy but he is a Merc guy. PM me if you want some local mechanical ideas. Darn it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Ive been running a 383 stroker for 5 years now and LOVE it with vortex heads and 4 bbl 700 cfm carb gets about 8 to 10 gallons an hour on my boat (7000 lbs dry 290 duo prop) it would be a perfect set up you use a 350 block as everything fits in to me the only way to go is to stroke it LOL.
if you have any questions give me a call ill help with what I do know..

good luck Wolf

Heard back from the mechanic. The leg is a little worse for wear too . He suggested rebuilding it. So the least expensive including re building the leg is to go with a 350 long block and swap what he can from the original. His price includes new risers and alternator as the original is on the way out. Labor and taxes included just over 12gs. I also have insurance involved now too. See what they say.

Tains,
You got the composite leg? If so I wouldnt waste the money on it. I hope he's talking all genuine volvo parts. My original exhaust is nearing the replacement point (820 hours) and I just learned that newer genuine volvo risers, are coated inside to extend life. My long sold Osprey 24 came with a Salt Away System, might be something to think about. i had an insurance claim on just the composite drive for my Osprey, final bill was $13,250 so you aren't doing too bad for all the work. Insurance guy would not switch me out to an Aluminum drive because it would require the transom to be recut. Even though the final bill would have been $2,500 less. I didn't see the logic to it, but they were firm in their decision.

Hey barrie. I didn't have time really to go over it he just phoned me. I will stop by in the next couple of days and go over it with him. I also have the salt away system which I used with every flush.

Back