Hootchies - dressed or undressed?

L

leftyodoul

When I fish with Hootchies I always add a Mylar skirt to the inside to add color and to reflect light in order to attract fish. I'm just wondering what other fishermen do and what type of success they have had with or without the Mylar skirts. I'd appreciate hearing any and all opinions.[?]

quote:Originally posted by leftyodoul

When I fish with Hootchies I always add a Mylar skirt to the inside to add color and to reflect light in order to attract fish. I'm just wondering what other fishermen do and what type of success they have had with or without the Mylar skirts. I'd appreciate hearing any and all opinions.[?]

I fish 6 rods when the "bite" is off and I had the opportunity to observe thay mylar skirts DO help. Case in point, the hootchies with the Mylar did better.

However, I remember reading somewhere that the big ones don't like the Mylar.

For reference, the Commercial guys usually don't mess with mylar, they just go straight up, with a big 6/0 or 7/0 hook.

Anyways...my experience anyways.

I agree with you there it does make a difference at times... I use it once in a while, but I don't think it really seems to make a big difference overall.... i think the reason commercial guys don't use it is to cut down on costs, because the cost difference vs the productivity dif. is not worth it for the amount of gear they run!

Back