Honda is crapping out

If I’m reading the chart correctly. If only the temperature light is on then you have low oil pressure and overheat. I don’t think I would continue to run it at high rpm’s
Not going to, going to pull it out again this Am,go through some basic **** , then if that don’t work, it will be going to a shop. Season over for me

If I’m reading the chart correctly. If only the temperature light is on then you have low oil pressure and overheat. I don’t think I would continue to run it at high rpm’s
It’s weird because it pulled two codes, second time no lights at all, all off, so could be more then one thing, getting to the point it’s more then what I want to deal with this late in the season

Last edited:
I know this may be a dumb question but did you check for anything in your prop hub binding on the shaft? Years ago I had some thin tuna cord around my 9.9 Yamaha and it stalled it at high load

I know this may be a dumb question but did you check for anything in your prop hub binding on the shaft? Years ago I had some thin tuna cord around my 9.9 Yamaha and it stalled it at high load
Yes my friend, thanks anyway, but yes first thing I did was pull the prop,but anyway, just finish put 4 hrs on it, pulled plugs,clean them best I could, not bad but I seen better, always change my plugs every year but did not this year as I only put 50 hrs on last year, , did the same with oil filter , it was gummed up more then I ever seen, new one on in the spring with my oil change, but have no spare here,cleaned it put back on( will put a new one on asap,then cleaned all the water lines, pulled both themosstat, they where clean and working as they should, ran it at camp at all rpm on muff no issue whatsoever, so going back in the drink for the next test run in an hr

Yes my friend, thanks anyway, but yes first thing I did was pull the prop,but anyway, just finish put 4 hrs on it, pulled plugs,clean them best I could, not bad but I seen better, always change my plugs every year but did not this year as I only put 50 hrs on last year, , did the same with oil filter , it was gummed up more then I ever seen, new one on in the spring with my oil change, but have no spare here,cleaned it put back on( will put a new one on asap,then cleaned all the water lines, pulled both themosstat, they where clean and working as they should, ran it at camp at all rpm on muff no issue whatsoever, so going back in the drink for the next test run in an hr
by pass that fuel line with a spare tank, cowling off. that is how i solved my 225honda rpm drop.

oh man, i feel for you! Such a bummer when it's not an obvious fix. Hope you get it sorted out soon

Well my only other suggestion is to check engine grounds and battery cables/ connections Just never know!
On muffs the engine has no load and should not be revved too high. Think 2000rpm is max and that is high in my opinion.

I’m heading your way on Tuesday, I’m in Nanaimo and the Honda dealer is close if you need me grab you any parts or lordco for plugs ect, let me know

I’m heading your way on Tuesday, I’m in Nanaimo and the Honda dealer is close if you need me grab you any parts or lordco for plugs ect, let me know
Thanks for the offer, but heading back home ,tomorrow. Will have to worry about later. It need to go in a shop, nothing is working

Back