Home portable gas pump

I suppose you could use one of those cheap little drill pumps and a brushless drill, however I've never had success with those pieces of junk.

Only pumps I know of rated for gasoline are spendy. I'd say that jiggler would be the most economical if you can get it to work.

Sorry man but your spreading really bad advice... Did you notice that they specifically do not list Gasoline as a media to be pumped. Diesel, Kerosene, light oils all listed but not Gasoline. Your advice is going to blow somebody up....

But I will shut up now.....
Okay-sorry for blowing somebody up. My bad.
Geez, such drama! 😂

So with 1 minute research, find and use this made in USA transfer pump for Gasoline:
"Gas Tapper
Manufactured in America with U.S. and global parts. A 12-volt powered fuel transfer pump that quickly transfers gas or diesel with minimal effort. This model pumps up to 30 gallons per hour and can lift fluid up to 6 feet high."
Although, I built my own, using an automotive GASOLINE fuel pump, as I said early on, for about $50

Okay? Shut up now. 😄

Attachments

• 61sO8aJJAoL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    61sO8aJJAoL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 9
Okay-sorry for blowing somebody up. My bad.
Geez, such drama! 😂

So with 1 minute research, find and use this made in USA transfer pump for Gasoline:
"Gas Tapper
Manufactured in America with U.S. and global parts. A 12-volt powered fuel transfer pump that quickly transfers gas or diesel with minimal effort. This model pumps up to 30 gallons per hour and can lift fluid up to 6 feet high."
Although, I built my own, using an automotive GASOLINE fuel pump, as I said early on, for about $50

Okay? Shut up now. 😄
I have one of these set up to drain gas from my boat if I need to. It is quite slow though.

Just picked up the 3/4” jiggler from KMS. Last one on the shelf but lots of 1/2” one there. Cheap plastic hose was full of kinks so just warmed up with a hair dryer, squeezed it round and ran cold water over it. Tested it out, couple of little jiggles and as Sir Reel said, about a minute later, 5 gals into the tank. Worked like a hot damm. No more diesel spills for me.

Attachments

• 4CDAB9D6-1870-4645-B884-C15DF3F4DE82.jpeg
    4CDAB9D6-1870-4645-B884-C15DF3F4DE82.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 29
Just picked up the 3/4” jiggler from KMS. Last one on the shelf but lots of 1/2” one there. Cheap plastic hose was full of kinks so just warmed up with a hair dryer, squeezed it round and ran cold water over it. Tested it out, couple of little jiggles and as Sir Reel said, about a minute later, 5 gals into the tank. Worked like a hot damm. No more diesel spills for me.
Hey I was right!
The hose is kind of cheap. Could modify with better quality.
For anyone filling their boat in the water it’s possible to not spill a drop no matter the location of your fuel fill

Hey I was right!
The hose is kind of cheap. Could modify with better quality.
For anyone filling their boat in the water it’s possible to not spill a drop no matter the location of your fuel fill
Do you find it will pump uphill at all though?

Thats what I do too prop it up on deck as long as the end is lower then the bottom of the jerry can it will flow works great on the bed of a truck into the tank filler as well (for hunting) Ive been using the same one now for about 9 years waiting for the plastic to break as its quite stiff now.
Glad it worked out for ya .

FYI they make 2 types a 1/2 inch one or a 3/4 one the 3/4 is way faster

it just siphons the fuel have to have end toward the tank lower.
I'm pretty sure I had the two tanks level to each other and it still wouldn't go. 20L tall can next to a 50L portable tank so there had to be a good 6" or 8" difference in height.

Last edited:
I have one of these set up to drain gas from my boat if I need to. It is quite slow though.
Quite right - about 10 minutes for 5 gallons. I just find other things to do while it's working. I thought about doubling up on the pumps, intake and discharge plumbed together, side-by-side - just lost the necessary ambition. 😁

I used one of these for years transferring gas from jerry cans to my boat where it was moored on a lake. I put the gas can on a block of wood to keep the bottom of it above the gunnel because pumping the handle works to get the fuel flowing then just holding it keeps it siphoning out. It would take a few minutes to drain a 5 gallon jug but no drops in the boat or the water.

Thats what I do too prop it up on deck as long as the end is lower then the bottom of the jerry can it will flow works great on the bed of a truck into the tank filler as well (for hunting) Ive been using the same one now for about 9 years waiting for the plastic to break as its quite stiff now.
Glad it worked out for ya .

FYI they make 2 types a 1/2 inch one or a 3/4 one the 3/4 is way faster
I got the 3/4" one and I was sceptical that it would work but for $14 it was worth a try. In the pic I posted, the bottom of the jerry can was about 10" higher than the discharge end of the hose. I was surprised that it took only a couple of jiggles up and down in the can and it started the flow. I learn something new every day on this forum. Another few years on here and I will be as smart as some of you. 🤣

I'm pretty sure I had the two tanks level to each other and it still wouldn't go. 20L tall can next to a 50L portable tank so there had to be a good 6" or 8" difference in height.
The bottom of the one you are emptying has to be higher than the one you are filling. Better yet if the bottom of the jug is even with the top of the one you are trying to fill. The flowing end has to be lower than the sucking end or no flow.

TERA PUMP TRFA01 4-AA Battery Powered Fuel Transfer Pump w/Flexible Intake hose and No-spill Auto-Stop Nozzle, attachable to gas cans and more https://a.co/d/1pFXdlD
I bought my old man one of these and it works great after a couple years. I bought one for myself but only used it a handful of times. They used to be $50
My buddy has this one it really does work great

Back