Have you seen this Hootchie??

Man, that's an ugly bugger. ;) Never seen one like that...but I would check with the boys at Trotac Marine in Victoria. If they don't have it, they could probably order it.

i havn't seen anything one like this one there but ill ask paul there but hes gone to gold river till tuesday. would like to know sooner. the brand would defently help. i bought them 2 years ago at the Gone Fishin shop in port alberni and went back there and they had none and havnt carried them for 2 years. any ideas what brand they could be??

Seen them before there called skuds there made in the states the fish them in california and the put a strip of herring behind them alot of times the ones ive seen were small like a squirt,
we have so many hoochies here never really tried them with much success.

Good luck Wolf

cool, thanks ill get my hands on those dymara hootchies, test them out and ill try the "scuds" in the glow version if i can find them.

Dymara stuff is hard to find. I have heard that they are out od business. Check Ebay as someone in Vancouver appears to be selling the Dymara lures there. They have Hoochies of that type listed.

I have looked at some of the Dymara lures and been interested but when postage is added they become costly. WOuld be nice if thee was an option by which we could save the purchase. Check one of the auctions on now http://cgi.ebay.ca/DYMARA-SKIRTS-HO...6QQihZ013QQcategoryZ36153QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i think i have a bag of those! 5?? i think, i picked them up at buckys on canada day, they had a box of hootchies for sale and i thought they were neat....so try buckys the might have some more..mine dont have eyes though; and there charteuse

I think they are called a laser squid....saw em at nikka...just got a pack they look sweet!

hey NEDARB2 are you talking about the one im looking for, or the dymara laser squids???

I have every colour of dymara skirts both small and large and although they are close I think the one you are looking for is made by the company from the US and I think Wolf is right and the are called skuds. I will stop in @ the gone fishing store in Courteny and confirm my hunch and report back tonight. If my hunch is right I know where to get them.

Cheers ME

Hey Mongoose Iknow that dymara didnt make that hoochie.Ifield tested all there lures.they have ablue one that close to it.Its called the blue ghost. Hope that helps Snowwhite

quote:Originally posted by snowwhite

Hey Mongoose Iknow that dymara didnt make that hoochie.Ifield tested all there lures.they have ablue one that close to it.Its called the blue ghost. Hope that helps Snowwhite

Do they work worth anything? I was given them as an XMAS gift. I've fished them and the regular hootchies outfished 'em 5 to 0. I find you have to troll FAST with the Dymaras to get a decent action?

Snowwhite...were you the test boat?

io think there the same, they look identical minus the eyes, ill try to find them and take a pic l8r today :p

quote:Originally posted by Slabby20

I've seen these and always wondered if they work. Has anybody ever use them with any success?

Well...I had the conventional hootchies outfish the Dymara by 5 to 0. Colours were similar too.

As for the spoons, the hooks included SUCK. Take 'em off and toss 'em. I changed up to Mustad Stainless 9870 Curved Point Hooks.

The finish on the spoons is excellent, the action isn't so hot, it's a heavy spoon and you have to be trolling FAST. I tried modifying the bend in the spoons to get more action, however the Coyote and Tom Macks again outfished it. The Coyote in fact whipped the Dymara Charlie Special.

The quality of the spoons and skirts is above average, but otherwise, they're not catching fish consistently.

Anyone out there have some tips on how to get these blasted lures to work? Otherwise, they're going to be giveaways at the launch.

well i dont care about those dymara ones anymore. just the skuds.

If anyone wants those Dymara Skirts, I was at the Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo and they had about 8 packs - 3 different colours in their sale bin. $3.49 for a pack of 5.

Back