Harper gets rid of pesky scientists

Tsquared

I see in yesterday's paper that Harper is getting rid of the scientists who monitor pollution here in BC waters. That's one way to shut down this irksome debate about fish vs industrial development--get rid of those pesky scientists who might not be "on message".
T2

No wonder Harper pulled out of Kyoto Agreement. All environmental protection safeguards have been pulled off the table. Stage is set for Canada to become the biggest polluter (apart fro China) in the northern hemisphere. I read somewhere Harper believes pollution is an act of God and nobody should not interfere with his work.

No wonder Harper pulled out of Kyoto Agreement. All environmental protection safeguards have been pulled off the table. Stage is set for Canada to become the biggest polluter (apart fro China) in the northern hemisphere. I read somewhere Harper believes pollution is an act of God and nobody should not interfere with his work.

Canada is presently the largest global polluter on a per capita basis.

beemer

Harper is a fundamentalist, plain and simple. He belongs to a church who believes the earth is only 6000 years old. He has nothing but contempt for science and scientists. And like all fundamentalists this twisted mind set spills over into his politics and policies and THAT is very dangerous.

You gotta be careful when you use per capita term. Canada has 30+ million, USA has 300+ million, China has 1 billion +,India well I stopped counting. Just an example Anzac Alberta had the highest murder per capita in Canada as was quoted 25 yrs ago, they had one murder and their poplulation was less than 100. WOW!
That is how polls are skewed.

Canada is presently the largest global polluter on a per capita basis.

beemer

Yep, them damn scientists sure can be pesky when they come up with results you don't want people to see.

I see in yesterday's paper that Harper is getting rid of the scientists who monitor pollution here in BC waters. That's one way to shut down this irksome debate about fish vs industrial development--get rid of those pesky scientists who might not be "on message".
T2

NO DATA, NO Problems.

Didn't see it, it didn't happen.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

Question:
Why would these politicians ever change their behaviour, when there are no consequences for their actions. F'N rediculous:mad:.

Harper is a fundamentalist, plain and simple. He belongs to a church who believes the earth is only 6000 years old. He has nothing but contempt for science and scientists. And like all fundamentalists this twisted mind set spills over into his politics and policies and THAT is very dangerous.

truer words were never spoken! putting any fundamentalist christian into political office is an inviation to destroying our way of living along with our environment. i fear for my country at this point as romney in the white house will complete the circle of power leading to far more than your folks are seeing up north.

Back