Halibut trips for sportfishing b.c. Members

Hey Wolf, where would be the closest recommended accommodations?

Halibut trips and catching halibut will be great.

As I’ve said in the past, if he brings along some of his special sausage rolls or other treats the trip will be fantastic and will put everyone in a good mind set and bring good luck.

Roy and I have fished together before, and he know his stuff. If you haven’t booked a spot, try it out.

Good luck to all.

Got a few days open for march .... 6, 7 th 20 ,21 Want to thank the guys who have commited and especially the donations to SVIAC very much appreciated.
There is some big plans for the net pen project coming

Got a call from Roy at Blue Wolf, late yesterday. He asked if I want to go fish and do some BSing. SURE, got my gear and bait ready.
I guess the 7th was not booked. So it was a friend fishery day and starting at 730

Fished the mud hole area and there were five boats near by. 1.5 ft chop, but you don’t feel it in a heavy boat.
5 big dog fish a rat fish in 4 hours and then a 57lb halibut, then a 10lb halibut which we let go think we would get a bigger one. NOT
That was it for the halibut and at the dock, one of the other boats near us came in with 4 chickens.
Bonus, got our crabs too and nice size,

If you haven’t booked a halibut charter with Roy at Blue Wolf, do it.
Nice Big boat and knows were the halibut hang out and crabs as a bonus.

Attachments

• crabs.jpg
    crabs.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 118
  • fillet size.jpg
    fillet size.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Roy and Doug 57lb March 7..jpg
    Roy and Doug 57lb March 7..jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 140
  • my side, read for packing.jpg
    my side, read for packing.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 137
Very nice, had a trip booked for Monday but wind gods were not on our side and was canceled.
Had a great time last year!

Back