Halibut anchoring ????

I carry 2 lengths of 400 and 200 for a total of 600. Gives me 3 options, 200' 400' or 600'. By using the stainless ring it slides right on by the joints to the anchor when pulling.

I carry 2 lengths of 400 and 200 for a total of 600. Gives me 3 options, 200' 400' or 600'. By using the stainless ring it slides right on by the joints to the anchor when pulling.

This sounds like the smartest way to do it.I use the plastic puller with the bolt inside right now,but am going to buy
the stainless ring and break down my 600 ft. rode to 400/200.My chain is 35 ft. long and should counter balance the
11 lb. bruce anchor when it's fully pulled to the scotsman or so I hope anyways.Thanks for the tip profisher.

Good one profisher.. I will swing mine around with the big motor , with lines up just to be safe.. Start fishn again.. 10 min manouver saves slot of stress.
I still let the current do its job, only use the motor to stay inside or outside of the rope while changing directions. If you force the turn you may find yourself drifting back from where you started once you shut down. Especially if the wind is opposing a slackening current.

Use same system to tag on extensions as necessary. Works great.

Back