H2Out - anybody have feedback on this unit

dance a jig

Came across a product one places between fuel vent and fuel tank that claims to capture water vapor before it condenses in fuel tank. Product info found at http://www.h2out.com/products/h2out-avd/h2out-avd3-0

Pricey for sure, but looks to be one time expense as unit can be reused. I have no affiliation to product, and am interested in purchasing if good feedback.

thanks in advance for thoughts on this. DAJ

I have never had a problem with water in the gas tank, but then I also use a fuel/water seperator. Personally, I believe that the amount of water being generated by condensation is very minimal. I always add stabilizer to the fuel and drain as much fuel out of the tank as I can. In 25 years never had a problem.

I have never had a problem with water in the gas tank, but then I also use a fuel/water seperator. Personally, I believe that the amount of water being generated by condensation is very minimal. I always add stabilizer to the fuel and drain as much fuel out of the tank as I can. In 25 years never had a problem.

X2 for fuel/water separator and stabilizer.
Avoid methanol blended fuel. Keep your fuel tank as full as possible. That is the cheapest and easiest thing you can do to minimize condensation in your fuel tank. Water vapor starts condensing on the top and sides of the tank's interior surface when humid air gets into your gas tank. Keeping the tank close to full keeps the humid air out.

I've got to weigh in on the "keep your tank full" approach. I used to do that too... 10+ years ago. But I don't use that approach anymore.

Reasons:

1. These days the ethanol in the gas we buy is more likley to be in the upper end of the range advertised on the pump. That is, the pump will have a sticker on it that says "up to 10% ethanol" and in recent years its there. I just don't want that laying around for months in my tank.
2. I want only fresh gas run through my Yamaha. I am convinced that injector and VST issues with my 115 were caused by old gas. My current 150 will only see relatively fresh gas.
3. Its easy to leave a little gas in my tank during storage and pump it out when I am ready to start fishing again. I get a small fuel pump and get the old gas out... I am guessing less than 10 gallons. That amount easily goes through my lawnmower, weedeater, etc.
4. Price of gas is much more variable than it was 10+ years ago. I am a working stiff and I admit to watching the trends and making bulk gas purchases based on current pricing. A buck per gallon one way or the other makes a major difference in filling up my boat.
5. I used marine stabil for any gas I store more than 2 months. But no matter what, gas deteriorates with time. I do whatever I can NOT to use old gas in my Yamaha, no matter what treatment might be involved.

Just sayin'

does anyone find better fuel economy (or any other differences) on newer outboards when running premium with no ethanol to the regular 87-89 w/ (upto 10%)?

Back