Gunpowder Pumpkin Prawn Soup

S

SIR

I tried that oyster recipe last week and it was delicious so I thought I'd pay back the board with another good one.

It sounds a little weird but it's a really simple recipe we've served to hundreds of guests with rave reviews.

- Saute 1 minced medium onion in two tablespoons of butter in a stock pot until translucent but not browned
- add six cups of chicken boullion and one large can of pumpkin(plain pumpkin, not the pumpkin pie stuff with all the spices already added)
- add 1 tsp salt and 1-2 tsp gunpowder spice
- bring to boil, reduce heat and add 2 cups 1/2 and 1/2 cream
- add 1-2 cups chopped previously cooked/peeled prawns stir a few times and serve with freshly baked bread

The gunpowder spice is critical you can buy it at online at http://www.gardengatespices.com/ if it's not stocked where you shop. The spice goes great with all sort of seafood we use it with pan fried prawns, roasted seafood boats, scalloped corn/tomotoe/onion etc.

Best part of fishing is the eating :D

Finally made this soup after locating the gunpowder seasoning at the market just south of Duncan. It is fabulous and easy to make. Definitely a keeper. Thanks SIR

Glenn

I too have got the spice, we are going to try the soup this weekend. Thanks again Sir

What was on last weeks menu for the oysters. And who said men cant cook

[8D]

Back