Growing bacon...

Mmmmmmn. I love to score that nice fat layer then slow cook them for a while before flaming them on charcoal. The fat turns into pure joy.
OH YEAHHHHH thats why I leave just enough to actually set on its edge to get a nice crackle going on I cut my chops about a inch thick no thin chops for this butcher!!!!! BTW thats a commercial kitchen baking sheet pan to give you an idea how big those chops were

The last 3 weeks I’ve been getting apples, plums , corn, peaches etc from our local orchards. Pigs have been eating it up.

The last 3 weeks I’ve been getting apples, plums , corn, peaches etc from our local orchards. Pigs have been eating it up.
HECK yeah that just makes the meat SSSOOOO GGGOOODDDD my buddies best ever hog he finished off the rest of there lives was from apple mash from a cider works company . We still talk about how great that product was, your doing a great job on scoring that food trust me you wont be disappointed good work man!!!!!!

I just brined up over 100 lbs of pork bellies myself today , there area few on here who are lurking that have had my bacon and they have placed there orders LOL

HECK yeah that just makes the meat SSSOOOO GGGOOODDDD my buddies best ever hog he finished off the rest of there lives was from apple mash from a cider works company . We still talk about how great that product was, your doing a great job on scoring that food trust me you wont be disappointed good work man!!!!!!

I just brined up over 100 lbs of pork bellies myself today , there area few on here who are lurking that have had my bacon and they have placed there orders LOL
Right on, next time I’m out your way, will be next summer unfortunately, I’ll definitely have to buy some bacon off you.
I just talked to another local apple juice orchard company... 1 cent per pound for apple mash from the press. Just covers the cost of his staff to load. Should be good!!

Way over do, but finally tried my hand at the first round of bacon. I followed a dry rub recipe posted on this site. Turned out great. Trying a wet brine recipe next since I acquired some pure Apple juice from an orchard friend of mine! This bacon is from one of the he Berkshire I raised.image.jpeg

Back