Greedy crabbers

C

cannibal chris

Everytime I launch my boat at ambleside park in north Vancouver I always see people crabbing from the 14st pier. Well this morning I was out early and came back an hour later as I found it was too rough to effectively fish alone and what I saw was not really shocking. There was an ethnic person walking from the dock with a big load off crabs and proceeded to put them in a Mercedes SUV that just pulled up. Presumable his wife. As soon as the door was closed off she drove and he went back to the pier for some more crabbing. It's always terrible when you see this sort of stuff. Normally I would have said something but I didn't this time and I am a little annoyed with myself. Next time you have trouble catching crabs you will know why

Chris

And the standard reply you would have gotten
No Engrish
Next time Chris get the plate # and call the RAPP line

No Engrish
Next time Chris get the plate # and call the RAPP line

Yup....have done it a number of times at Jericho pier. Not to mention the crabs hidden in the bushes at the base of the pier. Drives me nuts!

Good friend of mine's father in law goes go Jericho taking my friends kid to "fish". He reems them out and forces them to put crabs back in the water....or follows them to the "stash" and has released their crabs. EngRish is not an issue when dealing with a funny, annoying ex-rugby player.

they've always done it and will continue to do it . Im pretty sure its only a $300 fine you can actually see all the fines have been given out on dfo website. only takes a few crabs to cover the fine and they'll take the risk of " No engrish" getting them out of it. you know the aquariums u see in the local Chinese restaurants full of crabs ? most times those are caught by them, not from a local seafood wholesaler or fish shop. not saying this is the case for all but sadly its most.

Well, that's nothing. Check out the boats from Jericho to Spanish Banks and off the mouth of the Fraser.....now we're talking volume and they take the traps too!

Back