Great customer service at CV Marine

Cuba Libre

I got tired of hand winching the Cuba Libre up on the trailer , so while I was getting the swing hitch removed from the trailer tongue, I had CV Marine in Courtenay install a TRAC 3500 lb electric winch. First time I tried it out, it was slow and jerky. Second time, it barely pulled the boat to the front of the trailer then crapped put. You can imagine some of the nasty words going through my mind .

I talked to Wayne at CV and he figured I got a lemon, so he order a new one . While i was waiting , I decided to see if I could force the winch to pull the boat up another 10 inches so the boat would not bounce on the trailer. Well no wonder it stopped working.. the stainless cable had jumped off the spool and was jammed between the spool and the frame. ( it was not apparent without getting my nose almost right into the winch housing) I managed to free it up, but the cable had taken a beating. Cut badly in two locations. When I explained to CV what happened, I was prepared to buy a new cable. But Wayne said it should not have jumped off, so he replaced the complete winch, and installed a new one. I am sure the "other" large marine shop in Courtenay (ask FA about them!!) would have said "operator error" and I would have been on the hook for a new cable.

Much appreciate the service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my boat in for service at CV Marine and they noticed the shape my Fulton F2 tongue jack was in. They took some pictures of it and contacted the rep. for me. When I picked my boat up there was a brand new Fulton F2 for me. Try having other boat shops do that for you....I didn't even buy it from CV Marine, it came from Harbour Chandler as a birthday gift before CV Marine had even opened their shop...I know one shop that wouldn't even consider that. Bet I don't need to mention any names... :)

Great report guys!! Good to know there are a few places that appreciate business. Its our job to make sure they are rewarded for their good business practises and use them!!

This place is the best brokered a new trailer from roadrunner last year did all the gaskets in my main engine in time for trip to port McNeil totally honest even talked me thru an impeller replacement over the phone cannot recommend another place to take boat the worst thing a marine shop can do is give you attitude like your stupid and don't know your boat these guys explain everything and give you worst case scenario and ask for ok before proceding so there is no shock when you get the bill

When I sold my boat, they were great in setting up a compression check for both motors on very short notice ( I actually think they were closed at the times...), plus a go through of both engines and very resonable in price. CL recomended them to me and it worked out great.

Cheers

SS

Back