Grady White Marlin

B

bhemi

I have a 1993 Grady White Marlin I brought up from Florida a few years ago. It is 280 it is essentially the same as the current 300. It has Merc 250 EFI's and I have spent a ton of money on it. Since I bought it I have done the following. I barely use it due to job commitments and a newer addition to the family. In the past 3 years I have done the following.

-Stripped the bottom to bare gelcoat,fixed all minor knicks,barrier coated it and new bottom paint.

-all new canvas, upholstery and curtains. Done in tasteful navy and beige sunbrella.

-brand new holding tank macerator pump and rebuilt the head

-Engines are 1997's and are around 300 hours total. One has new tilt motor. The other has new lower end and new tilt motor.

-All new seastar hydraulic steering including all hoses and fittings

-Raymarine electronics package -radar,gps,nav,depth sounder and dsc radio. $7,000 installed plus Clarion marine stereo.AM/FM CD (Satellite capable)

-Brand new (less than 5 hours) Kohler 5E generator professionally installed.

-New wash down pumps. Rebuilt live well pump. Brand new rear bilge pump.

-New alchohol/electic one burner stove.

-new Magma stainless BBQ side mounted on removable bayonet mounts.

- replaced a ton of fittings and latches for cosmetic purposes.

-two scotty Pro-pac extendable boom electric downriggers the best they sell. Outlets professionally installed

-3 batterys and switches less than 2 years old. look like new. Well serviced refilled reguarly with distilled water.

-Less than 30 hours on Merc 9.9 bigfoot saildrive kicker, linked sterring and quality powder coated aluminum mount. very clean install. (no power tilt I kick my butt).

-I use a huge (200 litres) $800 cooler with a nice cushion on top as a rear seat and fish box/beer cooler. Block of ice lasts a week it's so well insulated.

-Stored in a boathouse with a heater, hooked to shore power. I wash it every month and start it up every two weeks all winter. One touch starting.

Will look at interesting offers.

bhemi.......do you have pics and where are you or more importantly, the boat located?

no current pics but I can get some quickly if there is real interest. The boat is in a shed in Coal Harbour in Vancouver.

quote:Originally posted by bhemi

no current pics but I can get some quickly if there is real interest. The boat is in a shed in Coal Harbour in Vancouver.

Bhemi.

Send me pics and a phone number. Private message me. I may be interested.

Did this boat have a Tower on it and was the work done at the Yard on Granville Island? If it is I remember the boat.

If that is the boat, you had a TON of work done on it, and that was quite the undertaking.

Thank You.

Was trying to ascertain value.....

I went to Yachtworld and viewed what was on there...

Bhemi...what are you asking for price?

My friend just bought a 1993 with 2001 250 Yammies from Pender Harbour for $43000 with anemic kicker. Boathouse kept. Doesn't need much.

For $43,000 I would buy another one. If the hull was good it's worth that with no engines. The only downside to mine is the Mercs. They are hard on fuel. However for $50,000 for a pair of new Yamahas I can buy a ton of gas. Also with a gennie and kicker I wouldn't want the extra weight. Loaded Grady's have a tendency to put the scuppers/cockpit drains just under water. Given a new one is nearly $300,000 with taxes and electronics I think mine has to worth nearly $100,000 given all the new gear.

Back