Gorge Herring Already?

what part of the gorge is this? I've seen nothing but swans down near admirals and a few cormorants around the galloping goose.

I see them not too far from Kinsmen Park between Tillicum Bridge and Craigflower Bridge. Yesterday they were really giving her out there, they do a semi circle and herd them before diving under the water to get them. The birds were really excited so the herring were definately there.

That's it "Tips" I want those packs of herring back. From the results of your last "outting" you don't know how to hook them up correctly anyways.

do most people fish off the bridge? would trolling abunch of hooks produce better results?

How long do the runs usually last? [?]

What run, its been horrible so far - I've been by admirals about a half dozen times over the last week and all I've seen are empty buckets and grumpy old men.

Went for two hours this morning, 14 guys and i saw 2 dinky little anchovy sized Herring come in. One fellow said he was there from 530am and he still had an empty bucket.Go get em while it's hot![xx(]

oh wow, how could you sit on that bridge that long without anything coming in? Its not like its a pleasent fishing experience, with dump trucks whipping by your head.

Took the boat off the waterfront last weekend and there was a massive flock of sea gulls dining on the herring near the mouth of the harbor. Yet to come i think .

Was just across the Admirals bridge about half an hour ago. A few guys were having a go at it and I did see some herring in buckets although it was hard to tell how successful they were as I was driving.

There seemed to be few fisherman on admirals sunday afternoon. Anyone catching herring?

That flock in front of the harbour is also partly there because of the outflow that empties there. You'll notice birds there year round.[xx(][xx(]

Back