FS - The Ultimate Big Screen GPS MAP System

S

SIR

We sold our bigger boat and the big boy toys don't fit on our smaller boats so they have to go. This is most of what you need for the ultimate big screen GPS MAP system for a boat with some dash space and and a dry cabin.

The parts below together with an inexpensive older laptop will give you an amazing big screen high resolution GPSMAP system. We loved it when we were running it in our 40' converted great lakes tugboat.

For sale there is:
- Nobeltech Visual Navigation Suite (list price ~$500)
- Digital Ocean Vancouver Island East Electronic Charts (list price ~$250)
- Garmin GPS76 with remote antena (list price ~$~350)
- MAJOR BONUS FEATURE -gps comes programmed with the BEST salmon trolling patterns, crabbing spots and prawning spots for the Desolation Sound area (list price ~priceless :) )

I'll sell everything for $800. Let me know if you have any questions on how the system works or how to set it up.

Ian Hobbs
Sevilla Island Resort
info@sevillaislandresort.ca
604-414-6880

SIR,

A friend of mine is interested in one of your packages. Are there still some available? How difficult would it be to incorporate a sounder in the package...or is it not possible? We're in northern BC but I'll be on Vancouver Island again in the last week of March to pick it up.

Thanks,
Scooter

Sounds good SIR i'll take it off your hands that is of course u provide a 30 day money back guarantee.HA HA love to have those waypoints.

Hey guys,

There is actually only the one system as I am a mere individual not a "store". The system came out of a boat we sold. The way it works is you have a reasonably inexpensive GPS feed lat/long co-ordinates into a laptop loaded with the Nobeltech software and electronic charts.

The beauty of this system is you end up with a very large, very high resolution display as you are using the screen on the laptop. You also end up with quite a bit more functionality in the software than on your typical GPSMAP as you have all the memeory and CPU capability of the laptop. It's also easier to upgrade the software as you just download new versions/patches to the laptop whereas with most GPSMAP systems the code is burnt into EPROM making upgrades difficult/impossible. Another bonus is that you end up with a laptop on your boat which we used for logs, maintence lists, to-buy-toy lists etc.

I'm selling everything that you need EXCEPT the laptop - which my wife has claimed to play video games on :( You do not need a new, fast, expensive laptop to run this software as it is neither graphics nor math intensive so an older used laptop in the $250-500 range will be all you'll need to get going. The minimum laptop specs are a Pentium III 450MHz system with 128MB RAM, a 16MB video card(600x800), 100MB of free disk space and a serial port for connecting the cable to the GPS.

The only downside to this type of setup is you need to have the space for it on your boat. As long as you have room for the laptop on the dash it's a GREAT way to go.

There is no way to integrate your sounder info into the Nobeltech package, but because the GPS fixes your point on the chart, which shows the depth, you really already know what your depth is.... unless the charts wrong....so I wouldn't throw out your sounder :) I've never seen a software package for integrating the feed from your transducer into a laptop.... I'd suspect that there would be a timing problem with running it thru the variable delay of the I/O bus on the laptop....

I'm okay with a 30 day back guarantee, it's a really sweet setup.

First one to send me a "the checks in the mail" email get's it.

Back