Fry pans....

I've been looking for a new wok,next time I'm on the mainland gonna have to make a stop in chinatown.Have not been able to find a decent carbon steel one in Nanaimo.
Is there a specific store and brand wok to look for or are they just generic?
I'm not actually sure of the brand. There are a few places down there but the one I went to was on Georgia.

I'm not actually sure of the brand. There are a few places down there but the one I went to was on Georgia.
Rain City went down to Georgia he was looking for some pans to buy
He was in a bind, cuz he was way behind
on some chicken he was wanting to fry

I have the Heritage set as shown above and really liked it for the first couple years, now they're starting to stick. Now I'm following this thread with great interest.

Tangential question: How do you keep Cast Iron's seasoned? Mine is good for a few uses, then really starts to stick hard (no soap used while cleaning)

I have the Heritage set as shown above and really liked it for the first couple years, now they're starting to stick. Now I'm following this thread with great interest.

Tangential question: How do you keep Cast Iron's seasoned? Mine is good for a few uses, then really starts to stick hard (no soap use
while cleaning)

Tangential question: How do you keep Cast Iron's seasoned? Mine is good for a few uses, then really starts to stick hard (no soap used while cleaning)

I always put a tablespoon of oil in pan and wipe over pan and then store in oven.

I've been looking for a new wok,next time I'm on the mainland gonna have to make a stop in chinatown.Have not been able to find a decent carbon steel one in Nanaimo.
Is there a specific store and brand wok to look for or are they just generic?
Man Lee on Terminal has a great selection of Asian foods and cookware.

I completely switched to cast iron about 5 years ago. I love my CI pans. Non stick, super easy cleanup. You don’t need the fancy ones, the Canadian tire 20 dollar specials come pre-seasoned and ready to go and are just fine for daily users.

My wife doesn’t like them, she says they’re too heavy but it doesn’t matter, I’m the head chef here. I keep one crappy Teflon pan here for her to use in the rare event she cooks something.
Ha Ha Ha -- I am with you bro !!!!!

Fresh wipe with oil after every cleaning. about once a month, or when I remember. I will wipe it with oil and throw it in a hot (350 degree) oven after I take whatever was cooking out, and leave the pan inside while the oven cools. This keeps the seasoning "baked" into the pan. Others may have an easier way, but this works for me

When the cast iron start to stick, apply a very thin coat of good quality flaxseed oil. Heat up very high. Top of a wood stove is good. It may need a second application after it cools.

Attachments

• 20220123_110247.jpg
    20220123_110247.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 47
Love my cast iron but also have a few Allclad and they are the best non stick I’ve had. On sale at the Bay a few times a year or Costco as has been mentioned

I bought a couple of the enamel coated cast iron trimontina's (10 and 12") at costco a month or so ago thinking they'd be pretty non stick, definitely not the case, lol, they don't really do anything I already have so not too happy with them , they'll be going back on my next visit there. I will definitely pick up one or 2 of the trimontina NON STICK's though, lol.

Back