Fresh Batch of CannonBalls

adrianna3

Truck broke down this weekend, so I finally had some time to pour lead.

1, 2, and 3 pound balls $1.75 per pound.

5, 10, 12 and 15 pound balls $1.60 per pound.

10, 12 & 15 pound balls are finned, all others are round. I can also exchange any clean scrap lead you have to trade.

Located in Chemainus.

Dave 246-2404 or gdblitt@shaw.ca

Question.. Not tring to be mean...You mentioned that these ones are extra shiny. We bought a whole bunch last time you were in the Comox Valley and some of them showed rusting on the outside of the lead. Is this inpurities? Anyone...Please .... I have never seen this before. It has even stained the fiberglass on a friends boat. Pm me your # I would love to chat with you about this Dave. I have never seen this before.

Cheers,
Owen

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. I've never had this complaint before. Try burrying them in a bucket of wet sand. This should hasten the patina process and get a "covering" on the ball. That should help. How many showed that? They were all from the same batch of lead and the same pour. Could the balls have picked up some iron grinding dust somewhere sitting in a shop? This concearns me. I like to make a good product. I could exchange them for new ones if you like.

Dave

I have never seen lead do it before either. It's real fine spoting all over the ball. Just a thought of mine was to remelt the lead and pour new balls and hope what ever it is would come to the surface and be skimed off.

It's all good.

Hey Owen. Could you send me some photos of the balls? I'd like to get this fixed for you. Unfortunately it's tough to trace the source of the lead, as I buy scrap from various dealers as well as lead from many other fishermen on trade. Almost all of my lead is twice melted and skimmed.

Back to my original question; Would you like me to exchange them for new ones? It's no problem for me, I just have to figure out how and when to get them up there to you.

Dave

Back