French creek and deep bay area

S

spring slayer

Is anyone catching fish deep bay area out from little and big qualicum rivers?? what are the best spots around french creek and deep bay to try for springs this time of the year??

thanks in Advance

Dan

Theres no fishery this time of year infront of the Qualicums thats limited to aug september. White door between french creek and out from the little Q ushually has some fish.

quote:Originally posted by spring slayer

Is anyone catching fish deep bay area out from little and big qualicum rivers?? what are the best spots around french creek and deep bay to try for springs this time of the year??

thanks in Advance

Dan

You're way too early for Qualicum runs at this time of year. However, there are some decent springs to be caught around Deep Bay....if you know WTF you're doing (keep in mind that a large %age of weekend warriors aren't doing everything they need to be doing)...it's not like it was years ago...but there are some Springs to be found...if the guys are finding them off Nanaimo/French Creek and Campbell River, there's Springs to be found around Deep Bay too.

I have good to excellent knowledge of that area...and there's a whole lotta people trailering on by (many times for VERY good reason)...and when the Coho fishery collapsed---90% of the fishers got out of there too.

Of the area which can fished within a 45 minute run from Deep Bay or a 45 minute run from Nanaimo, I'd pick Deep Bay.....

Thanks for the Info, fishin magician I went out from deep bay today, I had a few hits in between big qualicum and little qualicum. I fish alot out on the west coast but new to the inside. Thats what I figured too, if they are in Campbell and in Nanaimo they are going be in between too. I will be heading out again tommorow to try again.

Dan

quote:Originally posted by spring slayer

Thanks for the Info, fishin magician I went out from deep bay today, I had a few hits in between big qualicum and little qualicum. I fish alot out on the west coast but new to the inside. Thats what I figured too, if they are in Campbell and in Nanaimo they are going be in between too. I will be heading out again tommorow to try again.

Dan

I'd consult the charts, and work in the yearround "holes" as they say...and then work the traditional "winter spring" areas as well. A little creativity would go a long ways. Also, if you can, get your hands on some of the old commercial strategies---those runs haven't been fished in years---and there's probably some larger Fraser fish passing through....what you have to do is figure out how to "intercept" them---unfortunately, I'm not going to divulge them here, however, there are anglers in the "area" who can find a couple or few in the area at this time of year.

Tight lines!

Back