Fish Farm Fight

I’m not interested in or seeking arguments but perhaps potential donors would like to know ... is this a new petition for funding or simply a repeat of Ms. Morton’s earlier request for assistance in $$ for analysis of her previously collected virus samples?
For a while her blog posted a graphic showing she had solicited app 25% of an est $100k to complete this work, but I have not seen any updates.
Perhaps Ms. Morton will answer?

http://www.gofundme.com/SalmonDiseaseTestingFund

Well Dave I understand they are separate funds for different purpose but I suspect you knew that. Thanks for bringing the disease testing fund back into prominence for us. We have been letting that one slide a bit. I am sure that there are many on this forum that can jump back on that one to donate and support lifting the veil of secrecy this industry likes to hide behind. Perhaps you and your little sidekick Birdie can make a donation for independent virus testing. We know how concerned you are about Atlantic virus’s getting into our Pacific salmon. That virus testing fund is just under $37000. but with you refocusing attention on it I suspect it may go up more quickly for a bit. When you fish farm PR Hacks come on here you don’t seem to grasp how motivational you are.

British Columbians are passionate about protecting Pacific Salmon and their major contribution to our economy and way of life, not the comparatively minor profits of the Open Net Pen Industry.

As for your attempts to bait Morton to respond to you directly so that the net pen industry can continue their attacks on her in vain attempts to discredit her as industry hacks have done in the past; good luck with that. Morton really does scare the crapp out of the net pen industry, a credible respected professional marine biologist who can’t be intimidated or bought off.

When you fish farm PR Hacks come on here you don’t seem to grasp how motivational you are.

Good observation Rick and true to the core. That's where/why the WSA (now defunct) was born on this forum, subsequent to a certain members pro-fish-farm rhetoric and constant banter in praise of this mess.

The reality is: the more they YAK and **** people off, the more of us join the opposition. We will prevail sooner or later...

Back