first steel on the fly

drove out to the wcvi last night and slept in the truck to get a cast in at first light. felt like trying something new so i took my 7 weight flyrod and 9` spinning rod. not only did i get my first steel on the fly i got 3 summers and 1 winter on the fly and 3 more on the spinnin rod. i was blown away by how effective fly fishing techniques i learned for trout compare to steelheading. ive seen these realy fancy expensive steelhead flies in the store but do they actually work? i got all mine on a peice of peach wool.... if someone could tell me how to put up pics i would

put your pics on photobucket and then click on the img part beside your downloaded pic. copy it then paste it onto a reply.

Picture178.jpg
my first summer on the fly maybe 9lbs

Nice Fish!!!!![^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Outstanding! The WCVI creeks are hit and miss but when you find the fish they can be a great place to take steel on the fly [8D]

Wow, look at those spots on that fish! Pretty cool to see what a remote WCVI steel looks like.Have never been,would like to go!Very Nice!

i finf i get alot more satisfaction catching on remote rivers. when you fish popular rivers like the stamp or cowichan you lose the feeling of hunting. when theres no one to ask for reports and you dont see people catching fish u have to work hard for hook ups.... its kinda creepy when your out of cell reception and you know that if something bad happens know one is there 2 help u

IMG]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad290/youngsteelheader/5409_119963263825_514258825_2256237.jpg[/IMG]

Back