Epiphone Les Paul Ultra ||

jeffywestcoast

so after getting frustrated tryin to learn guitar and putting it down multiple times I was at a musical friends house last night and found my problem....IM LEFT HANDED....kinda important info when buyin a guitar.. 002.jpg $400

guitar only, amp and stand not included

Last edited by a moderator:
just turn it over and play it like Hendrix! Beautiful instrument...

Funny how it works......

I play bass guitar.

I'm right handed.

But all the notes are played on the neck with my left hand......but I'm not a lefty.

My right hand does the string picking.

When I play arranger keyboard it's the exact opposite.......my left hand just holds bottom chords...and my right hand does all the fancy notework.

ya that's why i was having trouble as a lefty, the guitar is beautiful i love it but, found out i should be strumming with my left hand and using my right hand on the neck.. two years i have had it, spent quite a bit that day, guitar,stand,strap, hardcase, tuner,amp,...etc etc.. i am kicking myself but should the music store not have verified what hand i was before helping me pick out a guitar, i told them i have never played before but would like a decent entry level guitar... go figure ....:p

Being a lefty is a curse i am plagued with too Jeffy. Makes life a lot more difficult from writing in a binder as a kid to guitars....to tying knots. Ohhh the humanity...

haha i know right.. at least all the accessories will work with a lefty... :p if no one is interested i might just keep this one too and give it to my girlfriend.

Beautiful looking guitar (and you didn't name a price)...

Some advice from a guy who has played for > 30 years? If you're going to learn properly, start with an acoustic (with a pickup if you want to play through your amp). The acoustic will get you better trained making your chord shapes properly, getting your strumming/picking right. Starting with an electric teaches you some sloppy habits that are very hard to un-learn.

If I was advising you -- I would guide you to a nice used inexpensive Martin (DCXE is the one I play), Takamine or Yamaha acoustic cutaway with an integrated pickup/tuner. Master that, then move up. I picked up that Martin at a local pawn shop for $300...

Thanks TenMile... I will definitely look into it.. also the price is right bellow the picture of the Les Paul.... was kinda one of them spur of the moment type purchases..i will be checking out the Martin guitars soon also..might be hard finding one in lefty at the pawn shop , going to talk to the guy that sold me this one today and see what he has to say about it but I appreciate your advice and will look at learning on a acoustic.

If you bought it at Long & McQuade they can probably work something out for you, is my guess.

They do trades.

My experience with most pawn shops for guitars is:-

Most of it's junk and they want way too much money for them......for the same money you can buy new in a lot of cases.

if you luck out and find a sweet deal at a pawnshop.....go for it.....but I've never seen much in any of them....

Electric necks are usually thinner at the peg end than an acoustic.....and they tend to be faster "action" on the frets.

If you have big sausage fingers you need to try a few guitars .....to get one that is right for you on the fret width and spacing.

When it come to music I was born with 2 left hands :(
that's funny.., I didn't make it to long n mcquade yet, been too busy packing for Bamfield .. Albernifisher is going to put me on slabs tomorrow.. and if Seabeams facebook page is any indication id say the wall is heating up .. 34 n 35 lbers today with pictures too

A giant bag of flaming cow turds.. goes out to the "BIG MUSIC STORE" for offering me $180 bucks for the guitar I bought off them for closer to 500 two years ago... sounds about right depreciated by more than half in two years of sitting in it's case .. spent near 700 bucks in there that day ... for the record.. I was trying to trade it in on a new guitar even and that was their offer... I had to get out of their before I came unglued.....:mad:

Back