Early Bird Ticket Night

Well there it is I cancelled the derby for those guys as it really seems pointess to go for 2 days. the only way in my eyes to work is throw back all fish and wait (not a solution) for a bigger one, lets not sugar coat what halibut fishing is ok its a MEAT fishery plain and simple you dont do it for "the sport of it" and we all know it we go to get fish for the freezer and thats it, it is a sad day indeed and a few called it a long time ago we are really seeling ourselfs short not impressed. can hardly wait to see what happens at the meeting should be good maybe the SFAB can shed some light on this as thee has to be a reason "WHY"
People trying to let a big halibut go for some is going to kill it anyways...kinda a waste of the fish in my opinion and definatlly not respectul of it.....

Wolf

You don't go in a derby to meat fish , you go in them to win. Put some circle hooks on and catch and release if your getting that many fish!

All you need is one fish in a derby.

Just a meat fishery!! Lol you guys might as well sell your boats and just buy the meat. What about the hole experience !! Watching or waiting for that rod to hump over! Finding new spots, new gear to use! It's much more than a meat fishery to me and I'm sure alot of people. I've got a lot of trips book for multiple day in the next bit and not one group has cancelled!!

Christ if it's a meat fishery let's let SFAB get us approved to use longlines! Lol

IMHO there is no place for this Halibut Derby - given the problems we face concerning the hallibut regulations/allocations.I think this Derby only adds more wrong fuel to the fire and also gives the gives the public a poor view of our sector.I also sadly agree on one thing it is a meat fishery and yes Trev there is that once in a lifetime experience - lets not bet on who will be the final looser!

Just a meat fishery!! Lol you guys might as well sell your boats and just buy the meat. What about the hole experience !! Watching or waiting for that rod to hump over! Finding new spots, new gear to use! It's much more than a meat fishery to me and I'm sure alot of people. I've got a lot of trips book for multiple day in the next bit and not one group has cancelled!!

Christ if it's a meat fishery let's let SFAB get us approved to use longlines! Lol

Sorry man, but i can have alot better "experience" on east hastings in Van for $1000. Halibut fishing is for fish in the tub.

Lorne

Go for it lorneparker you'll probably get some derby contending crabs as well !! Lol

Back