dummy flasher success?

Deewar25

Curious on peoples take on running flasher separate off the downrigger as it would make my life easier in a shallow boat where long leaders are hell to get fish head out of water. Is there a major difference in productivity? My only concern is the extra shake rattle and roll you may lose out on when the flasher is attached...no biggee for say spoons since they shake rattle roll on their own...but bait??

Anyone comment on whether or not they seem to get more action attached or detached?

I've always wondered this myself but never had the courage to ask... haha

If you are running anchovy, Herring or spoons I believe it dosnt make a differance at all. The flasher is to attract the fish not to give the anchovy, herring or spoon the action. I have ran dummy flashers for 10 years on the west coast and have had very good sucess. It is also a way better fight for my guests I take out.

I fish with a dummy every chance I get, but only when the fishing is fairly hot, or when using a lure with lots of action on its own. Can't say if it increases or decreases my odds any, but it is DEFINATELY more fun fighting the fish without dragging the flasher around.

i only use dummies for sockeye.
i believe that they add success. they'll take a school of socks from the boat beside u. that means more chance of a bite!

The Konezone definately helped with production last year.... the side with, outfished the side without consistantly!

How far back off the cannon ball do you run the dummie??

[8D]

I run about a 6ft string of kone zones and the lures about 8-10ft behind them about 8ft up.

i have run dummy flashers for years , maybe a few less fish overall but much more fun .I run only 3-4 feet back from ball 2 feet up and then 10 feet back with spoon/bait /plug lots of success and fun .:D:D

i do 10 feet back and then 10 feet up with the normal sockeye gear.
flasher and hootchie or spoon. 3 deeplines. 3 dummies and 3 sets of gear. works great!:D

Back