Drop bow aluminum boats

Bows Up

Going to need a bigger boat when we move to the Island. Anyone had experience with these and how they handle ? They don't look like they would fare that well but you see them as workboats so ...

Appeal is being able to unload direct to the beach when hunting or just exploring. No shortage of deck space for fishing. :D

No doubt that theses types of boats are very praticial for loading and unloading stuff. However, these boats are used mostly by those who have to have the easy unloading capability as they do not make good rough water boats. So to answer your question you dont see many of them used as fish boats. In large swells and heavy weather the flat bow pounds like crazy. If you do get a boat like this and fish offshore then get a good air suspension seat.

Wave over the bow was what I was thinking. Two mother of all bilge pumps might be required. This style would make you quite picky about when you travelled. :(

Also thinking drive quad onto beach and I'm away on under utilized logging roads. :D

Somebody must have spent time on one of these. How bad are they ?

never ridden in one but have seen them used tons on the skeena river, loaded up with everything u can think of, i know that there are no waves on the skeena but it can be a very fast moving river, not much help probably but what the heck

Back