DIY i troll for kicker

wildthing

was asked about the kicker conversion i did a long time ago .... based on the poor mans version of an itroll

the list of parts needed ...
will be a waterproof 180* servo with a disc cam wheel....
servo tester enclosed case type .....
step down 12v -7.2/6.0 Volt transformer.
suitable length of 3-4 core cable to run from kicker to helm.
mounting bracket for servo . and slip linkage for servo to carb throttle...

most of the items can be found on ebay and depending on the kicker you have may need to get quite creative on the mounting position but once working .. gives you better control than the old tiller or manual control ...
i'll see if i can find any old pics or take some new ones but my photo bucket account is thumbs down so may need a new pic host site .....?

was asked about the kicker conversion i did a long time ago .... based on the poor mans version of an itroll

the list of parts needed ...
will be a waterproof 180* servo with a disc cam wheel....
servo tester enclosed case type .....
step down 12v -7.2/6.0 Volt transformer.
suitable length of 3-4 core cable to run from kicker to helm.
mounting bracket for servo . and slip linkage for servo to carb throttle...

most of the items can be found on ebay and depending on the kicker you have may need to get quite creative on the mounting position but once working .. gives you better control than the old tiller or manual control ...
i'll see if i can find any old pics or take some new ones but my photo bucket account is thumbs down so may need a new pic host site .....?

Could you use a small 12v linear actuator? Then you can get a 12v reversing wirless controller for like 20$.. pull the 12v right at the motor to the control box/actuator. No extra wires.

Could you use a small 12v linear actuator? Then you can get a 12v reversing wirless controller for like 20$.. pull the 12v right at the motor to the control box/actuator. No extra wires.
I thought good actuators were a little more but yes should work.

Back