DFO Sportsfishing Survey?

dfo hasn't got the resources or money because their budget has been axed to the bone; other science sectors have also been reduced to bolster the fed's fiscal budget, so rather than admit their data is wrong they contract out the work to a private company. Yep another survey and study is waste of resources and a smokescreen to divert the attention from the real problem, them.

SOME of them REALLY care but you have to remeber the ones we talk to are the lowly pawns delivering stuff to the ol mighty up above and some "up above" dont give a shiat there lies the problem . I personally have asked a few of them to take them out and "SHOW" them how many boats really are out fishing.... as we ARGUED till blue in the face a few years back "THEIR" numbers were showing an avg of over 150 boats per day fishing for halibut in the month of may on EVERY DAY.... I even gave my numbers and practically begged to take them so they could see how currrents work in our area etc ......and to no AVAIL!!!!!!!!
SO like I said earlier do what you want send in the info this is your choice.....

Good luck Wolf

agree their surveys are a waste of our tax$$$...best they save our money for another flyover...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
So let me see now-- the commercials are 100% right when they say that DFO has no sport date and should not listen to the SFAB when it says that the DFO numbers are low in some fisheries and high in others???? And we should ALLOCATE all our marine resources to them in the form of ITQs as only THEY have reliable data????? Gee whiz-- thats what happened with halibut! Remember?

Fill out the damn survey-- its the only chance we have to get a fair shake...

So let me see now-- the commercials are 100% right when they say that DFO has no sport date and should not listen to the SFAB when it says that the DFO numbers are low in some fisheries and high in others???? And we should ALLOCATE all our marine resources to them in the form of ITQs as only THEY have reliable data????? Gee whiz-- thats what happened with halibut! Remember?

Fill out the damn survey-- its the only chance we have to get a fair shake...

X3, I agree with you CL, fill out the survey or be prepared for even worse regs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay folks you can put the voodoo dolls away now; for the record I have started the survey, will keep you informed.
Well I must confess I was planning to fill in the survey anyways; however at the same I wanted to get other posters thoughts on filling out these surveys.
Thank you for your impassioned responses.

Back