Cusinart electric smoker

jeffywestcoast

I was in Cambodia tire yesterday doing the dreaded plant shopping with my lovely girlfriend when i happened to spot this new Cusinart electric smoker, looks pretty good, uses wood shavings instead of pucks like the bradley smoker, anyone have any thoughts on this or would i be better off buying a bradley for a hundred more.For the most part i have had really good luck with cusinart appliances.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...1153P/Cuisinart+Electric+Smoker.jsp?locale=en

For a hundred more go with the Bradley,
Great machine, easily modded, parts available locally, cuisinart always looks nice but never lasts IMO
Tim

Go with th eBradley, I have had mine for about four years and have never had a problem with it. Smoked lots of salmon, ribs, nuts and other foods in it. There is a great online community with a ton of recipes and other ideas. Just get the Bradley, thier service is awesome.

The Bradley's are on sale frequently for $299 Jeff, just wait it out and check the website frequently or other sources locally that stock Bradley smokers.

thanks guys..read a few shotty reports on the cusinart already..sounds like bradley is the way to go, what caught my eye on this one was the 5 racks and window on the front.

thanks guys..read a few shotty reports on the cusinart already..sounds like bradley is the way to go, what caught my eye on this one was the 5 racks and window on the front.

Once that smoker is seasoned properly that window will be useless lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Masterbuilt from Costco and this unit looks very similar. Check back with us after you have used it at least 6 times. I'm curious to see if it holds up.

I looked at this last year. the main thing I liked was you could use your own chips. I dont know what they use to hold the bradley pucks together... Cusi. dosnt do cold smoke so its out for me. I did read guys like it.

Bradley uses collegen to hold the pucks togethr, it is listed on the package of pucks as one of the two ingredients. The pucks seem to cost more than chs but you smoke for a shorter period of time and it is aall automatic. You do not have to keep adding chips. Once I got my Bradley I never used my chip smoker again.

well I geuss if I eat a steak I can eat food smoked with its boiled skin and bones :p But seriously good know! I was hoping it wasnt some glue type stuff.

I was in Cambodia tire yesterday doing the dreaded plant shopping with my lovely girlfriend when i happened to spot this new Cusinart electric smoker, looks pretty good, uses wood shavings instead of pucks like the bradley smoker, anyone have any thoughts on this or would i be better off buying a bradley for a hundred more.For the most part i have had really good luck with cusinart appliances.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...1153P/Cuisinart+Electric+Smoker.jsp?locale=en

I'm not too sure about Cuisinart quality. It's supposed to be a top quality brand but our Cuisinart breadmaker has died prematurely and our Cuisinart coffeemaker is giving us all sorts of grief as well. I'd be hard pressed to purchase another one of their products.
Dave

Back